What are the most ultra-hipster things you've ever seen?

That would actually be kinda awesome!

“Co-Opted to Death.”

See: old, worn, raggedy jeans sold new.

We have a guy in our 'hood that we call “Reader Boy”. He wears a fedora and a black duster and walks everywhere, reading from either his Kindle or iPad or iPhone. I’ve seen him in all parts of the 'hood and at all times of day. I don’t think he has a job. He just strides along, reading. . .something.

Naked Bike Ride. Just sayin’.

Share-it Square on Sherritt Street.

See? SEE???
My sister was in the naked bike ride last year.

The thing is that most people don’t actually literally ride a bike NAKED… apparently underwear is worn… I did not want to see it. So I can’t be absolutely sure. :wink:

AND, I give you THIS!!

Are you kidding me???

At least they’re not the same event.:stuck_out_tongue:

This is just hipster, not ultra. Add a scarf or two, and ultra it is.

Some go partially clothed and some ride completely nude. Seems uncomfortable to me. You can see the totally naked people in some of the Youtube vids.

This.

Talk about misappropriating cultural memes!

Yes, I own a copy.

And I own a single speed cruiser bike.

Hey, hey…the Naked Bike Ride is awesome and not just for hipsters! :stuck_out_tongue: And, no, you don’t have to be fully naked to participate.

I always get parts stuck in the spokes

That’s what happens when you try to stop a wheel with your tongue.

Man, I miss KISS concerts.

SOMEONE had to say it. :wink:

I’m so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis

You’re so cool you could keep a slab of beef in you

I’m so relaxed, I make coffee nervous.

Have you seen Stick Boy at the concerts in the parks? Old hippy-looking dude who has three sticks. He uses two of them to keep the third one in the air. I see him everywhere.

I think… MAYBE… I don’t get to a lot of concerts in the parks, but I’m going to try to this summer…

I will never be a hipster. I live in Tigard, you see. And I have a great big ol’truck. (Used for work! I don’t think that bicycle landscaping would get very far. :wink:

Never having had the privilege of attending a Burning Man event, I’m pretty sure it would have to be something surrounding Houston’s annual Art Car parade. Probably the '70s Volvo sedan covered in plastic replicas of lobsters and crabs, that are rigged to dance in time with music played on the car’s radio; if not that then the Elvis impersonator driving a giant wheeled guitar.

Okay, okay, wait, wait…

A friend once spent at least an hour showing me EVERY single picture she took at Burning Man as we drank coffee at the ONE place in town that HAS truly horrible coffee. There’s something hipster in there somewhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh! Oh! The family business was totally ripped off by one customer who disappeared IN a Burning Man vehicle and went back to Montana, leaving behind a lot of angry people he owed money to. Does that count??

They have varying levels of performance expertise, but hey, they’re free and you can do all the hipster gazing your heart desires. We usually can’t make it past the intermission unless it’s somebody like Devon Phillips, who is truly talented. All that hipsterness makes you want to stand up and scream GUNGUNGUN!!! just to get a reaction.