What are unusual candies/treats you like?

Taffy on a stick. Very tasty. I love Kits which are similar taffy squares. Any candy with peanut butter is good. I also adore horehound which isn’t very popular these days.

There’s a Japanese sweet that I like, called kuro karinto. It’s sort of like very (very!) sweet fried dough, sometimes sort of finger-shaped, and sometimes shorter and squarer. Very crisp, and very sweet. Did I mention sweet? Yes, you can get them here. I mention this just in case my masterful descriptive talents have suddenly turned you on to this delicacy of sweetness.
Roddy (sw-e-e-e-e-et!)

I’m currently loving Brach’s Orange Slices…kinda-orange-flavored wedges covered in sugar. I keep a $1.00 bag in my car & munch one or two on my way home from work.

My excuse is based on something I remember hearing on the Discovery Channel a few years ago. Every fall, the female of the species is instictively programmed to ingest more calories to add a layer or two of fat to the body, so she can get through the lean winter months. If the Discovery Channel says it, it must be so. This is my excuse & I’m sticking to it (& to the keys…these orange slices are sticky).

Love, Phillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I absolutely loved this gum, but something in it sets off migraines in me. I was devastated when I figured it out the connection.

I like licorice, too, but for Halloween candy, I am a fool for Payday. Every kid in the neighborhood knows they can redeem their Payday bars at my house for “good” candy (Snickers or Reese’s.)

I love these too. Unfortunately, I STILL have more than enough layers of fat on my body, so I won’t be indulging for at least another couple of years. I also love those spearmint leaf-shaped jelly thingies.

Heck, just give me sugar. Flavored or unflavored. Preferably in chocolate, but I’ll take it any way I can get it. Except in licorice.

[quote=“Lynn_Bodoni, post:25, topic:469472”]

I I also love those spearmint leaf-shaped jelly thingies.

Spearmint leaf jelly thingies…mmmm. They don’t sell these at the Mid-Mich Walmart where I work. Where else can I get them?

Inquiring minds/fat cells/thighs want to know.

Love, Phil

I haven’t looked for the spearmint leaf thingies lately. I can see more than enough candy that I want to buy without specifically looking for more. However, from what I recall, it was a pretty much seasonal candy, so it might show up at your WM yet! Upon Googling, it seems that Brach’s makes these candies. However, I doubt that you are interested in an 18 pound case of it.

I used to like Necco wafers, despite the fact that it was like eating chalk. And then one day, I was eating them, and said, Hey, this is like eating chalk. This sucks.

Yeah, the candy corn does it for me. Waxy goodness and all that. I used to go straight for the pumpkins at Halloween parties.

And completely unrelated to Halloween, unless your costume is the resurrecting Jesus, my absolute favorite ever ever candy of all time is Cadbury creme eggs. I like to bite the top off, then put the rest in my mouth and put my tongue in the middle for an orgy of sweet flavors enveloping my entire mouth. Glaaaggghh…

OK, who wants to send a Cadbury creme egg to Japan for me?? I’ll be your friend forever, I promise!

British or US? If you can wait until the Christmas holidays, I can probably bring you some UK eggs with a slight chance of some US ones. At some point I’ll be heading to Hakodate or Sapporo probably via shinkansen. Hopefully I and the eggs won’t be completely melted by then. If you’d like some sooner, PM me.

Mix candy corn in a bowl with peanuts, eat by the handful.

I can’t believe I got to be 29 before anyone told me about this. It’s the most amazing thing ever.

Ginger chews are delicious and different. Sweet and then hot, spicy hot. They also work great as a non mint breath freshener.

immediately orders a box for Christmas