What are we to do with these insects we refer to as Republicans?

Let’s try to understand the Nazis. Then maybe they won’t become Nazis.

Let’s try to understand the plantation owner. Then maybe he won’t become a plantation owner.

Keep thinking your merry shit.

This is real dumb.

This is one weird-ass thread.

Don’t let it bug you.

Irredeemable is a word used by ignorant zealots who see the world in binary terms. Don’t be that person.

Anyways, the views you are currently stating seem to indicate a solution by violence. Is that really a good idea?

Gotta admit, this thread has got legs. Six of them.

The Nazis never had the power to destroy the human race.

Republicans could do it tonight if they felt like it, and some of them would be thrilled by the idea because it means they get to hang with Jesus while all the people they have burn for eternity.

It’s simple: you either hate republicans, or you hate this country and everything good about it. Which is it?

There’s something wrong with you if you don’t hate republicans.

Ah, the old, “you’re either with me or you’re against me”. Yeah, now there’s something that the Nazis would never have DREAMED of saying! :rolleyes:

You can’t possibly be serious.

Please talk to someone who cares about you. What you’re saying isn’t normal.

Every time I say it, you all try to exemplify what it means to be good liberals. I said it 6 months ago, a year ago, 2 years ago…and Republicans keep getting worse, despite your concerns about how I’m making progressives look.

They keep getting worse. They will get much worse. You are defending Nazis, the Klan, the worst of the worst. That’s what Republicans are. There may have been a time when there were ‘good’ Republicans. That time is gone. They are Nazis. They might seem like ‘good folk’ but so did German family volk in 1936. What they permitted, what they encouraged…led to millions of lives lost. Republicans are not victims. They knowingly support hatred and intolerance. We know that is something that must be demonized.

Demonize it now, or pay later.

Call me what you want.

I believe you meant “…while all the people they hate burn for eternity”.

asahi: Relax a bit. The end of the disaster is in sight. Dehumanizing bad humans doesn’t help. If anything it feeds into their victimhood complex and also relieves them of some blame for their badness. They are human. They’re just horrible humans.

Hang on, I absolutely repudiate the OP, why am I on that list?

Nope.

Not in sight.

Let’s be very real before everyone demonizes me.

The president of the United States, supported by 60 million people, is threatening civil war, encouraging civil war, because he’s being investigated for something that everyone with a shred of decency (and integrity) knows is way out of bounds. It’s not that his supporters don’t know or understand what he’s doing; they know it, they defend it. They defend the destruction of the country. They are the enemy.

Stop fucking talking about me. Stop fucking tone policing. Get angry. Defend your mother fucking country or NEVER, EVER FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT ITS COLLAPSE – EVER!!!

DEMAND HIS IMPEACHMENT AND REMOVAL AND CONVICTION!!! AND CONSIDER TREASON TRIALS FOR HIS DEFENDERS INCLUDING ORDINARY VOTERS.

Well, maybe in the sense that they’re deliberately boiling down their party to a stronger concentration of shit, but not in the sense that they’re getting individually worse. The Republicans who are shitty now were absolutely just as shitty under Bush and Obama, and were for the most part doing just as shitty things.

But back then there was a broader conception of what it meant to be Republican, and shittiness wasn’t such a point of pride. As the percentage of Americans who are Republican or lean Republican has shrunk since the early Iraq War years, and all the demographic groups whose (relative) numbers and influence are increasing—nonwhites, women, youth—have been solidly or increasingly favoring the Democrats, the GOP has been left with its core of older white men, a demographic declining in (relative) numbers and influence.

So they’re scraping the bottom of the deplorables barrel, trying to pump up their numbers by appealing to the malevolent partisanship of shitty people. (They don’t have to do this, of course. They could instead confront and reject their own longstanding antagonism to economic fairness and social justice, and reshape their policy positions accordingly. But that would risk dislocating the central plank of “More Money for Rich People” in their party platform, which would get a lot of wealthy supporters very mad at them.)

But none of those shitty people are actually more shitty than they used to be six months or two years ago. You just notice the shittiness more because more and more of the non-shitty people are abandoning or downplaying their identification as Republicans.

Yeah, a wall of shame…for posters.

Meanwhile, you animals support a piece of shit who has eroded legal and political norms.

I will not forgive.

Wait until the Fed is destroyed. Wait until the economy is crushed by right wing hyperpoliticization. And it finally hits you in a place where it hurts.

I know that nobody in this avaricious country will truly care until it reaches that nadir. We get what we deserve, I reckon.

You are what you hate, deep down you know it and that makes you even more hateful against others.

:dubious: Sorry, did you just propose that merely voting for a shitty candidate ought to be regarded as an act of treason?

Nah. Even if there was some form of criminal misconduct in the administering and/or influencing of the election, legally casting a vote is not a crime.

The “very real” people here are the ones who aren’t trying to treat the legal casting of a vote as a crime, and the crime of treason yet.

You’re not providing anything better worth talking about, though. The more you scream for flagrantly unconstitutional violence and turmoil, the less point there is in trying to take seriously what you say, and the more reasonable it becomes just to point and laugh at you for saying it.

Has it ever crossed your mind that some people may support Trump on the basis that it keeps people like you, and those you would support, out of power?. It seems to me that you are so wrapped up in your own self righteousness that you don’t understand that people really don’t like the idea of someone like you dictating what they can say or what they are allowed to see, that’s what tyrants do.

Up there you have one fellow going after freedom of expression, your constant denials and gaslighting are tedious.