What are we to do with these insects we refer to as Republicans?

What is one to do?

These houseflies. These mosquitoes. These vermin.

A party they are not; they exist as a cult of perversion and perverse love of inequality.

Watch out. Dehumanizing your opponents is a step down the path to genocide.

I don’t care if Republicans are the most repugnant humans to ever live, referring to any group as insects or vermin isnevercool.

“When they go low, we go high”

Damn, I was going to say ‘Sounded better in the original German*’ . . . and y’all beat me to it!
*For the second time, here, today too.

CMC fnord!

Just tonight I was talking about how the pubbies work jobs and take care of their families; they think different things but they aren’t monsters. Does seem a bit cultish lately on the GOP side, and I worried that a subculture that is kind of not willing to talk to people outside of the group in anticipation of riding some kind of revolution to permanent political dominance in America and instead gets pretty much shut out in the next election might be fertile ground for bad things to simmer, and wouldn’t it be better if people just accepted that everyone thinks different things, and found ways to hang out a little and not be so divided, or tribal, or polarized, yanno?

Ban the party and ban its members from elected office or civil service, much like Germany did after WWII.

They also hanged as many of the worst offenders as they could. Just saying. For “Poor encouraging of Les Aughtry” or something … whoever Les is.

And was it Germany, or was it the occupying powers that did the banning and other denazification? I can see the latter as an easier sell.

The problem isn’t the Republicans, which is a legitimate alternative political point of view, the problem is the Extreme Right that have infiltrated every high level part of our culture, come out from under their rocks, and are manipulating everything.

Hard disagree.

The Republican Party has become a personality cult. We’ve never seen this before in the US. Once free of the demonic possession that is Donald, can they again be a responsible party? I’m betting no. They have lived by the principle of having no principles for too long. Remember that on Jan 20, 2009 party leaders met and decided that they would not cooperate with the new President Obama. They conducted endless conspiracy theory investigations into Hillary, Benghazi, and (shudder) her e-mails. They stole a Supreme Court seat from Obama for no other reason than that they could. They passed irresponsible tax cuts at a time when tax cuts were not needed. They refuse to act on gun violence at the behest of their masters at the NRA. This is not a responsible party, and they went rogue before the orange con man came along. What should happen is that the party dissolves and the Democrats split into liberal and moderate wings. What will happen is that they will continue to use conspiracy theories to con the gullible to vote them in so that someday they’ll regain unified control of government and then further gut environmental protections and worker rights.

Let me try it this way:
All the red hat wearing, Obama hating, Q believers who enjoy the taste of liberal tears and likely never paid much attention to politics before Trump—how do they become good political citizens?

Sorry if this crosses some unspoken line but you sound like a nut.

Not to me. There are a lot more similarities between modern Republicans and WW II Nazis than there are differences.

You ought to be sorry. The Republican party is a greater existential threat to American democracy, western civilization, and the survival of the human race than the US has ever faced before, and they rightly belong in the dustbin of history.

An imaginary border wall and slightly lower taxes are not the end of the world.

This is that extreme intolerance of the right that people were insisting doesn’t exist in the other thread.

The OP has insulted insects.

Well, if someone tells the boys at Fort Drum to stand down, it’s a pretty easy drive from CFB Petawawa to DC…Just sayin’.

Nothing but “strawman, fantasy” liberals in here.

I know what I do; I vote against them every chance I get.