What Are You Doing Next Tuesday?

“That’s my Book Club night. Why do you ask?”

When asked that question I always make the masturbation pantomime. People seldom ask again.

I’m female, and I’ve found that the doing the female masturbation pantomime also cuts conversations short. Fellatio and cunnilingus pantomimes work well too.

If I ever run into you on public transportation, we should “talk”.:smiley:

Come on people - have you learned nothing from prior threads about nosy/pushy people?

Whenever somewhat asks a question you don’t want to answer, answer with another question!

“What are you doing next Tuesday?”
“Why do you ask?”
“I was wondering if you are free…”
“Why do you want to know if I am free that day?”
Etc. etc. etc.

When they finally get around to saying, “I was hoping you would help me move my piano up the 8 story walk-up with no elevator…” you can then say, “Aw, sorry - I have to arrange the can goods in my pantry in alphabetical order that day.”

I like this one. Filing away for future use.

I too, hate questions like this. I got caught once, a casual friend asked me what I was doing on a certain night, I thought she was having a party, wanting to see a movie or something. I said I was free, turned out she was having people over trying to get them involved in this pyramid scheme marketing thing she was doing. I felt stuck and went to the sales pitch but of course didn’t buy into it. Never made that mistake again, always am vague about my plans until I know why they are asking.

Checking my laserdisc collection for rot.

I like it when the receptionist at the dentist’s office asks me about scheduling the next cleaning. “How’s 8am on February 8?” I have to laugh, because my schedule is not so busy or so planned that I can say that far in advance whether I have plans. (Aside from long-term travel plans, of course.)

I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Close friends - either “nothing” or “<whatever my specific plans are>”. Anybody else (including friends that aren’t that close) - “I don’t know. Why do you ask?”

She’s lucky you showed up at all - I always thought you were imaginary. :slight_smile:

Tuesdays are my busiest day of the week. If someone asked what I was doing on Tuesday, my answer would go on for some time.

I’m not helping you move.… Tends to take the wind out of people’s sails that like to lead with baiting questions like that.

Next Tuesday is our 19th anniversary. We are celebrating by having dinner at Bass Pro Shop. :smiley:

A couple of months ago at church, my wife and I arrived for the 11:00 service, and while I was getting coffee and making chit-chat with a group of people, a lady in the group said, “What are you and your wife doing after church?” Thinking that she was inviting us to lunch with her and her husband, I said, “I don’t think we have any plans.”

“Great,” she replied, “Tony and I have to be somewhere at noon, but we are on coffee duty today. Would you be willing to take all the coffee pots to the kitchen, wash them out, put them away, and put away the cream and sugar? Thanks.”

:rolleyes: :frowning: :smack:

Since then, I have learned to always say, “I need to check with Mrs. Aargh and get back to you.”

I like this one the best :slight_smile:

Learn to say “No, I don’t think I’ll be able to do that for you. Find another sucker.” These two sentences can save you a world of grief. And the people who are offended by them are people who need a slap upside the head.

I like that. A lot. :slight_smile:

All I ever say is a simple…“why?”

My variation is a vague, “I think Mr. Helena had something planned…”, but I leave off, “I’ll get back to you”. :cool: