What are you going to be for Halloween?

I want to be a Candy Slave! Know where I can find a Candy Dom? :wink:

My usual Incarnation of Death outfit. I’ll sit out front and scare the shit out of the little kiddies.

SWMBO won’t have anything to do with me on Halloween. She sits inside with the TV volume turned up to drown out the screams. She claims the next generation of axe murderers is going to come from our neighborhood and I’ll be responsible. :smiley:

I’ll be going as Sonny Crockett from the TV version of Miami Vice. I have some very 80s threads to fit the bill, so all I have to do is not shave for Friday. Pics to follow in a few days…

A sidewalk Dad.

“No! Only take One…! Thank you. Happy Halloween!”

I’m very disappointed in you Guinastasia, not making your own costume. What happened to all your mad sewing skillz?

Back To The Op

I’m doing a black and white thing- tuxedo coat, striped t-shirt, striped leggings, striped loincloth, one black glove, one white, a tiny formal hat from a Mr Magoo doll, and a black and gold cane.

I really wanted to go as Dita Von Teese-just find a sort of “beginning of the act” fan dancer outfit, and a picture of Marilyn Manson with his face scribbled over. But there wasn’t enough time to put it together. :frowning:

A guy I work with is going as another coworker-the one who’s having the Halloween party. We’re all sworn to secrecy.
I haven’t had a chance to pull out my sewing machine, Doc. With all these seizures I’ve been having, what with the meds being adjusted, do you really think it was a good idea to work with sharp objects like that?

Freezing!

For the past umpteen years we’ve had temps in the mid-80s for Halloween. This week the overnight temps are dropping into the low 50s. Why did I pick this year to wear a sundress?

As I’ve posted in the other Halloween threads, I’ll be dressing as Marylin Monroe in The Seven Year Itch. I’m hoping for a good gust of wind during the office’s costume parade. :smiley:

Go as Dita at the end of a fan dance. All you need are high heels, make up, earrings, and a pair of ostrich feather fans. Post lots of pictures.

The minicam in the unicorn died and until I can replace it, I have no more idea what goes on in your life than the average person does.

There was an ongoing joke around my house about the dishwashing fairy. The story was, if you left the dinner dishes on the counter, the dishwashing fairy would come by at night, and the next morning your counters would be free of dishes and sparkling clean. And I made the comment, “The b*tch must be on strike, 'cause she’s never been to my house.”

Along comes halloween, and I decide that a dishwashing fairy would make a good costume.

So I bought a white t-shirt and using acrylic paints, wrote “This Dishwashing Fairy is ON STRIKE!” complete with bubbles painted here an there. I made myself a wand out of a bottle brush, and fairy dust from a shredded sponge, which is in a bag that hangs off the pink tutu I’m wearing over a pair of pajama bottoms. Big fuzzy blue slippers and a pink tiara complete the ensemble.

I’ll post a pic later when I get off work. I wore it last night to our bowling league’s Halloween party. Won the “Most Original Costume” prize. Woohoo!

You woulda hated me, then, the year I dressed up as a grain silo and convinced my brother to wear a sandwich board with the sun on it and my best friend to wear a white sheet with a bunch of holes cut in it. We were the Trinity.

And even worse the year I wore an all white costume with a rapier and a fencing mask, carrying a sign that said things like “Equal Work for Equal Epee!” I was, you got it, a white picket fence. I nearly made a friend leave the party in disgust.

Alas, I have no such ideas for this year.

Daniel

A chicken.

(Seriously. Damn costume cost me fifty bucks).

Bromley Contingent-era Siouxsie Sioux. My boy will be Robert Smith.

So we’re just completely ignoring the thread I started in MPSIMS, then?

Oh well…
I’ll be Tony Stark. I’m basing it off of these images:
Bing and boom.

My arc reactor (the glowing thing on his chest) is almost done, just need to finish wiring up the LEDs. The gloves piece…is less completed, but less needed. I can just wear the arc reactor if needed, but I’d like to have the arm piece. I have the two large red pieces done, but the glove itself is a bitch…I am spray painting an old ski glove red, but the paint isn’t adhering well. I also cut out some card stock and formed it into squares to out on my fingers to make them look more like armor, and less like a ski glove painted red.

I’m going as Palin’s favorite guy “Joe Six Pack” who has taken a back seat now to my husband’s costume “Joe the Unlicensed Plumber.” I decided he should be Joe the Plumber right after the 3rd debate. I had no idea how notorious “JtP” would become at that time. Hubby is same size as Joe but refuses to shave his head, so I bought him a bald wig. Now we just need to find him a gray t-shirt complete w/the swoosh-tika (Nike symbol.) I can interpret my costume a little more loosely since there’s no real Joe Six Pack.

Mrs. Roper from Three’s Company. My friend and I spotted a horrendous polyester caftan with a giant peacock on the front when we were shopping for her daughter’s cowgirl costume. Add one red wig, hideous plastic jewelry, and goopy make-up and I’m good to go…

[http://

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z76/pitocyn/CCF02262008_00003.jpg](http://

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z76/pitocyn/CCF02262008_00003.jpg

)
Little Red Riding Hood. I’m the smiling one, because I get to wear a velvet cape!

Ooh, I forgot about last year’s costume, whose theme was Geek Jargon.

Using coffee beans, I spelled the word “Java” in cursive across a shirt. I spelled “Perl” using fake pearls in cursive the same way. I wore a red hat.

The piece de resistance, however, was my hiking boots. I set up a motor and a light bulb on one boot, and a battery pack on the other, such that when I touched them together, a circuit was completed. I was a dual-boot machine.

Daniel

Naked

I’m dressing up for the first time in over a decade, since my new job has a big office halloween party thing. I’m doing Beaker from the muppet show: lab coat, shirt and tie, and bright orange wig that I chopped the hell out of.

Unfortunately, no amount of hair gel seems to be enough to get the wig hair to stand up straight (even though I hung it upside down until it dried). I could try glue, but frankly I can’t be bothered to mess with it on a week night.

I’m not planning on actually dressing up and going anywhere, but I am planning on donning my trenchcoat, my Tilley hat, a cravat, and some gloves, and taking a picture of myself which I will photoshop my face out of and draw in … well, this guy’s face.

Last year I worked on Halloween, and I dressed as Number Two.