What Are You Thankful For....

I know this is way early but tonite I find that my spirits are a bit down and all I seem notice are negative feelings and things that are making me more sad, so… let’s lighten up a bit and start thinking about positive things.
I am thankful that I my 60 mile drive to work each day it thru a lovely mountain road, and the changing colors right now are incredible.

I am thankful that I splurged on the good candy coz I have a whole bowl left over.

I am thankful I have friends who care when I am not at my best.

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

It’s never too early!
I’m thankful for:
My loving husband and the fun we have together.
My good friends who are always willing to play games, break bread or whatever. Great folks.
Each new day and the ability to see it as an opportunity. (most days!)

Despite my bad week last week, I remain very thankful for the things I have and the life I live.
Cheer up! Even us optimists have bad days :wink:

And, (OK, don’t anyone kill me for this) if all else fails, visit: http://www.hamsterdance.com
Totally stupid, but puts a smile on my face every time :slight_smile:

Aw PurpleCrackwhore, didn’t any trick or treaters show up? I was pretty disappointed too. I had one 5 year old around 6:30 and four young teenagers in good costumes around 8 PM. I’m giving them full-size peanut butter O’Henry’s. Cheer up! Life is good and every day is a gift.

Hi P.C.W.
The things that I am thankful for.
That I married a good woman.
That my son is almost grown and has never been in trouble with drugs or the law.
That I have a steady job.
That I have my health.
I think that I have a lot to be thankful for!
Now if I could only get the C key on this keyboard to work correctly
Peace
t lion

I am thankful for:

the love of my family and friends

the most incredible hugs and smiles I get every morning from my boyo

that little piece of cow bone successfully transplanted into my boyo’s leg enabled him to walk

my favourite crackwhore sending me all her nutless chocolate

all the time I spent in airport bars earlier this year with good friends

the wonderous times I had in the mountains with my special friends

the fact that when I decided to wash that grey right out of my hair tonite, the box said dark auburn and not terra cotta

chocolate factories all over the world keeping their employees happy just for me

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

The serious thankful list:
A healthy child
A healthy pregnancy
A healthy husband
A supportive husband
A husband that understands that a tired, cranky hungry pregnant wife (is there any other kind?) is not ANGRY AT HIM, just at everything else in general, but cannot give specifics of why she’s such a bitch but manages to keep his chin up as he tucks her in bed and beats a hasty retreat.
Being able to stay at home with our children ( oh, and the dog. I gave up my income to stay at home and nurture the dog.Yeah, sure.)
That my mom is still around for me to call her up with my cooking emergencies just to make her feel needed.

Semi serious:Things I’m thankful for

A dog that listens to me 40% of the time.
That it is nearly winter and I don’t have to mow anymore.
That my Christmas shopping is done.
And for anyone else that has suffered from pregnancy congestion or regular sinus problems, they shall appreciate this: I am very thankful for Sinux nasal spray and Tylenol Sinus Rx.
Birkenstocks
My Hot water bottle.
The invention of the internet.
SDMB!!

I’m thankful for every day I breathe.

I’m thankful for finding Heather.

I’m thankful for having a supportive family who loves me unconditionally.

I’m thankful that using this screen name has yet to cause any bad things to happen to me.

Yer pal,
Satan

well, DUH! Who’s gonna mess with Satan?

::copycatting::

Serious Thanks
-for my beautiful, wonderful boy.
-for my diverse group of eccentric and unique friends and loved ones.
-for not having cancer or AIDS or any other fatal disease.
-for growing up to realize that, no matter how much I hated life when I was young, I am exactly who and where I always want to be.

Semi-Serious Thanks
-for Kona coffee, Coca-cola, and Ghirardelli chocolate.
-for Freeman’s cheap but wonderful hair and skin products.
-for only ever having one zit at a time, and not having them as a teenager.
-for NPR, PBS, TLC, Discovery and Comedy Central.
-for the Internet and SDMB, a means of communicating with wonderful people and making new friends from all corners of the Earth.
-for flannel, especially in the form of bedsheets and adult-sized footie jammies.

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

I am thankful for the eternal misery and mindless struggle we call life.

Unforgiven

It was either post here, or in Traumatic Experiences. But, I went blank.

I am thankful for my boyfriend, Brian. It isn’t love, and six months from now, we probably won’t be dating, but he is a very important person to me.

Whether I need a shoulder to cry on for three hours straight, or just someone to have fun with, he’s there for me. He doesn’t try to understand or change me, he simply accepts me the way I am, and cares for me.
-Lanna

Well at least you’re being positive about the whole thing…

Yer pal,
Satan

Heh, what can I say? I’m rather wary when it comes to love… I figure that until I’ve found someone with whom I’m ready to share a mortgage, name a goldfish, and even think about raising my three future children, I won’t have the faintest idea of what real love is.

I’m sixteen. I’m still in high school. To hell with love, long-term commitment and joint fish naming… I have the rest of my life for that.
-Lanna

Lanna… I could not have said it better. You are wise beyond your years. Enjoy your teens! That is what they are there for.

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Well, now that I know you’re a young’un, it’s an entirely different matter…

Yer pal,
Satan

I’m thankful that my father’s colonoscopy (did I spell that correctly?) didn’t reveal any tumors today.

Sex appeal – Give generously

Sobriety.

Bravo Tennhippie!

Zette-I love hampster dance! :slight_smile: Even just humming the song perks me up!
For those of you who have a sense of humor about such things, also check out http://www.jesusdance.com.

Oh, yeah, the OP! I am more thankful with each passing day to have two beautiful, intelligent, happy, healthy sons.