What are your favorite songs that begin with the letter Q, V, X, or Z and were released on or after January 1, 2000? See rules in OP [Final Poll added]

Submissions must begin with the letter Q, V, X, or Z . Exclude articles such as “a”, “an”, “the”, etc. that begin the title. Example: “The Hokey Pokey” belongs in the H poll, not the T poll.

Songs must have been first released on or after January 1, 2000.

IMPORTANT: You must include the year of release with each submission. Entries that do not will be excluded.

No cover songs allowed, unless the original was released on or after 1/1/2000.

I humbly ask for everyone’s assistance in ensuring that we all adhere to these rules. Please politely point out any questionable entries.

Submissions are limited to 5 per person. Please do not post title suggestions or comments on alternative titles. This takes a little of the fun out of the process. It is ok, after the polls are posted, to name titles that have been overlooked.

If you edit your already-posted entry to make a change, I may not see it. Please do not edit your posted list or re-post your entire list – this gets confusing - just add a new post with changes or additions only. EXAMPLE: Remove “A Day in the Life” and add “Daddy Don’t You Walk So Fast.”

You are allowed to make changes to your entries (see previous paragraph) up until the time that the first polls are posted.

You must include the artist (not the composer, unless they are the same person) or your submission will not be counted.

Polls will appear in this thread once submissions begin to wind down.

Classical releases are excluded.

Final poll, also in this thread, will narrow the field to 10-ish.

The people have overwhelmingly chosen to continue with the QVXZ combo rather than separating them into individual threads:

Imgur

mmm

QVXZ

1. Quiet - Lights (2009)
  2. Qu’est Ce Que J’ai Fait - Anthony Stewart Head (2002)
  3. Vancouver National Anthem, The - Matthew Good (2009)
  4. Volcanoes - Matthew Good (2009)
  5. Voices Carry - Lights (2022)

Valerie - The Zutons, 2006*
Quiet Town - The Killers, 2021
Question…? - Taylor Swift, 2022
Voyager - Daft Punk, 2001
Videotape - Radiohead, 2007

j

* - Better by far.

ETA - and a true story. Cite:

Qué vendrá – ZAZ (2018)
Valhalla – Lauren Ruth Ward (2020)
Vampire – Olivia Rodrigo (2023)
Van Lear Rose – Loretta Lynn (2004)
Xanadu – Ummet Ozcan (2022)

My apologies to anyone wondering why I posted a 19 minute video with no explanation - that was supposed to start at 17:20 but somehow I screwed it up. Noel Gallagher meets the real Valerie.

j

Zinnias Clairo, 2021
Quand Vas Tu Rentrer Melody’s Echo Chamber, 2012
Queen For A Day Skating Polly, 2018
Queendom AURORA, 2018
QUE NO SALGA LA LUNA ROSALÍA , 2018

lol forgot the year range, sorry and nm

Wasn’t this release in the 1970’s?

And I just noticed that I claim that Lauren Ruth Ward’s Valhalla was released in 2020, but the YouTube video is from 2018. Google says that it was released on album in 2020. I found an online article that talks about the “new single” in January 2019. So, my guess is that she performed it for JITV in late 2018, then put out an online single.

I’m confident it was released later than 2000, though, because LRW was 12 years old in 2000…

Il Quinto Mondo, Jovanotti (2002)

La Vecchia Giacca Nuova, Paolo Conte (2005)

Xmas_Evet10, Aphex Twin (2014)

Zebede, Puto Portugues (2010)

Jovanotti is a wonderful Italian musician (often, rapper) who had a bunch of great songs in the 1990s (every track on this compilation album is a joy, IMHO); his creative productivity extended well into the 2000s.

Ahem. Hey now.

1. Valley Winter Song, Fountains of Wayne (2003) – man i love this song
  2. Queen of Hearts, Fucked Up (2011)

Well, now I look silly.

So, nothing to see here, just move along. If you think you remember a couple of guys in black suits, white shirts, and black ties, wearing sunglasses and holding up a flashy thing…well you don’t!

Victoria’s Secret- Jax (2022)
Vigilante Shit- Taylor Swift (2022)
Viva La Vida- Coldplay (2008)
Zero-Imagine Dragons (2018)

1. Quito, The Mountain Goats (2004)
  2. Van Occupanther, Midlake (2006)
  3. Vengeance is Sleeping, Neko Case (2009)

You look familiar… And yet… And yet…

Very Noise - Igorrr - 2020
Quadraspazzed - Thee Oh Sees - 2008
Visit Colonel - Thee Oh Sees - 2008
Xplosion - Outkast - 2000
XYZ - Boards of Canada - 2019

Absolutely the most completely bonkers video made since 2000. Lyrics: HEY!

I need to get a copy of this record

Quarry – Wednesday (2023)

Quasheba, Quasheba – Our Native Daughters (2019)

Queens of the Breakers, The – The Barr Brothers (2017)

Valhallas – The Barr Brothers (2014)

Zombie Girl – Adrianne Lenker (2020)

Whew, glad someone got that one.

Oh, nice use of release dates there. And such a great band.

Yeah, I got lucky with that one. :clown_face:

I did have at least one for each letter, but my V choices have already been taken.

Quiet Houses – Fleet Foxes (2008)
XR2 – M.I.A. (2007)
Zero – Yeah Yeah Yeahs (2009)