What are your most anticipated games of 2013?

SimCity is of course on my list of games I’m eager anticipating. There’s a lot of negativity from portions of the fanbase because of the feature set. But personally, a more simulation-oriented SimCity is exactly what I’m looking for.

Also, I am looking toward Wildstar. It’s a MMO that will probably make it out this year. I like how they’re going to do “path” based content. That is, your character is created following one of Bartle’s gaming types (explorer, killer, socializer, achiever) and you get different missions based on that. But Guild Wars 2 is very fun and I don’t know if Wildstar can really compete against it in my play time.

And I’m surprised to hear that EU4 is coming out. I’m a huge fan of Paradox and happily buy their strategy games at release, despite their past missteps. CK2 is one of my favorite games. I guess I’m out of the loop these days. Off to read about it.

I agree, that does look pretty cool. Initially I was thinking “Oh, another RTS. That’s nice…” but then there’s moonbases and turning asteroids into weapons and my interested was most definitely piqued.