What are your most anticipated games of 2013?

I knew about Banner Saga Factions, but I’m not entirely sure that perfecting the combat engine of an SRPG means that you’re anywhere near done writing and putting together all the assets for the rest of it. Last I saw, they were TENTATIVELY targetting like… October for “part 1” and I daresay that can easily slip since “originally” the whole game was supposed to be done by now. :wink:

It’s faint praise, but they’ve gotten a LOT better. CK2 was basically playable from day 1. Patches for the game have introduced new features rather than addressed playability issues, for the most part. Reviewers have indicated the game is pretty much playable now, more than 6 months before release.

You’re probably right, but I’ve been burned way too many times.

Tomb Raider, the trailers look awesome
Injustice: Gods Among Us, loves me some NetherRealm
Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4, I’ve waited long enough, haven’t I?
The Last of Us, never played a Naughty Dog game before, but it looks great.
Mario Kart Wii U, if it makes it out in 2013.

Ok, seriously. First Hitman: Absolution and now this. How hard is it to make a City of Chicago police car that actually looks like a Chicago police car? Is there some sort of legal issue here? Licensing or something that disallows companies from using the distinctive font and color scheme? Maybe this is more of a General Question.

Partial credit to Watch Dogs for at least making it blue and white even if they did leave out the red lettering. Hitman put the cops in Hollywood style black 'n whites :rolleyes:

Ok, rant aside, that game looked pretty awesome. My own list includes the previously mentioned Bioshock: Infinite, Tomb Raider and I’m holding out hope for Metro: Last Light (now with Deep Silver I believe after the THQ bankruptcy) although I’ll probably wait for Metro to be released and see some reviews before taking a plunge.

In many cases, yes, the specific insignia of a police department is trademarked.

I was speaking more of the lettering on the vehicle than the insignia itself but I suppose I could see where that’s distinctive enough to be trademarked as well.

Now that you got me looking, I believe I found it. In this case, I’ll give props to Watch Dogs for “close enough” and razz Hitman for the black and white cars :smiley:

The only thing that’s a surefire day 1 (or preorder) purchase from me is Company of Heroes 2. Watch dogs looks like it might be really cool, but I never pay $50 for single player games. So I guess most of my purchases will be the popular games of the last few months for 1/10th the price. I’d like to get my hands on xcom I guess, Borderlands 2? That sort of thing.

Sim City, and the day is nearly here!

Wasteland 2 and Bioshock. The original Wasteland was one of the first computer games I played. I still have fond memories of it. It’s one reason why I signed on for the Kickstarter.

Definitely Total War: Rome II. I want to look forward to the new Sim City, but in regards to that I can best be described as cautiously pessimistic.

Apart from that, I think my backlog of unplayed games from Steam sales would last me well over a year, even if I were to stop re-playing old games. For the record, I think that Champions of Krynn holds up fairly well.

No Command and Conquer fans here?

Or did the past couple of games (Red Alert 3 and C&C 4) kill interest in this franchise?

What? No one mentioned Cities in Motion 2 yet?

I’m looking forward to Sim City 5 (although I am also worried it might suck - it’s out in four days and there’s no pre-release reviews. And let’s not get into the “always-on” DRM, either).

Bioshock: Infinite looks all kinds of awesome. Frankly, even if it’s exactly the same as the first two (but in a Steampunk Edwardian flying city!) I’ll likely be happy.

Otherwise, it’s GTA: V (Hurrah for a PC release!) and, time permitting, Wasteland 2 (if indeed it comes out this year)

Half-Life 2 Episode 3 I can dream, right?

SimCity 5
GTA V
Planetary Annihilation
DayZ (standalone version)
Bioshock:Infinite

I LOVED command and conquer generals. One of my fave RTS’s. But this thing is goign to be an online multi-player only thing. I want my single player campaign dang it!

Planetary Annihilation looks amazing, I didn’t know it was coming out this year. These kickstarter projects are gonna rock.

Yeah, that looks pretty cool…hadn’t heard of this one before, so appreciate msmith537 posting the link. I agree, these kickstarter thingies are looking pretty exciting in a lot of cases. It’s amazing to me that gaming has come so far that people are willing to pony up serious bucks to help developers develop games…to me, that’s seriously cool.

In that case, I have good news for you: