What Beer do you enjoy the most?

RateBeer.com may be a site of some interest.

Canadian: Big Rock Traditional Ale, Alexander Keith’s
Belgian: Leffe, Jupiler, Chimay Bleu

Becks, Guinness and Budweiser. Among others.

My favorite overall may be a brown ale but it’s been awhile since they were readily accessible.

Victory’s HopDevil IPA is spectacular, as is their Storm King stout (so much better than Guinness that it’s embarassing).

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is good for beer you can get most everywhere.

Pretty much anything that Magic Hat makes.

If I’m at a cheap college bar, I might go slumming with a Bud Light. But not often.

I’d highly recommend www.beeradvocate.com . Great site.

Red Stripe for me, as well, please.

Followed very closely by Pyramid Hefewiezen , a wheat beer from a microbrewery in Seattle.

cadolphin, on the other hand, can’t stand beer. So I can keep it in the house and not have to worry about her snitching my beer!

On the other hand, however, she will not kiss me with beer breath. Therefore I don’t drink a whole lot.

:smiley:

I like whatever is local and fresh, so in my fridge right now are a couple New Galrus (WI) brewery beers - Uff-Da Bock and Spotted Cow (a longtime favorite).

I’ve also had great luck with beers from Capital brewery - especially the Wisconsin Amber. Mmmmm.

Um, make that New Glarus.

Maybe having one now will help my typing.

Not to nitpick, but the Spoetzl brewery in Shiner TX is still, unfortunately, considered part of the U.S. Have you tried their summer stock or the other non-traditional one? I can’t get it here, but I tried them at the brewery and they were excellent. Shiner Blonde, formerly Shiner Premium, is what I consider to be the finest example of regular American lager made. Doesnt compare with true imports or specialty micros, but its a great all around beer.

Well, it depends on the mood and place. I enjoy few beers more regularly than Heineken. However, my favorite beer in the world, I have only seen served in one place, a bar in Milwaukee WI called “the Safehouse.” The beer is called Spotted Cow, and it’s damn good.

As an aside, I really wish that India Pale Ale drinkers would stop abbreviating it IPA. IPA stands for iso-propyl alcohol. Would you drink iso-propyl alcohol? I thought not.

I love IPA’s, um, excuse me, India Pale Ales. Of any brand, more or less. Gimme dem hops!

New Glarus makes several tasty brews. We visited their factory
, and as I’m typing this I’m wearing a “Life is too short to drink cheap beer” sweatshirt from them. :slight_smile:

Hmmmm I wonder what Duff beer taste like? What real life beer would come close to Duff?

I would say Busch.

Happy

With a nod to Ben Franklin, Samuel Adams Boston Lager is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I’m partial to Killian’s, Fat Tire and Honey Brown.

Now, has anyone else ever had Sam Adam’s Cranberry Lambic or Fezziwig ale? I haven’t been able to find them outside the winter holidays and not in the last two years.

I’m with **Opal[/]b. Root.

Oy, they’re in the Winter Sampler 12 pack, and only there. You can have mine. Ugh.

Re. the people who mentioned Pilsner Urquell. :smack: How could I forget that one? That has to be, without a shadow of a doubt, the best lager I have ever tasted.

Killians, Corona, Bell’s (local to Kalamazoo, MI and not for the faint of heart) and there’s one (amber and dark both good) local to a resturant in Chicago - Steinhauser, or similar.

Response to Happy Lendervedder: a real-world Duff would be stronger. Have been to parties with RO’s (Reactor Operators) and other assorted plant personnel, and typical offerings were Killians, Guinness, Grolsch, Red Stripe, Bass, three or four micros, shots, and Bud Light for the female SO’s only. Except for the poor guy with the duty pager, who usually drinks Mountain Dew.

Ryan_Liam Duff beer tasted awful. I bought and drank a carton of the stuff back circa 1995. It turned out to be the worst, and most expensive, beer I have ever drunk. Not too long ago I think it was selling for $5000 US a case. I still have some empty cans to prove it.
The closes real life beer to Duff, i think, was Bud. IIRC it was watery and flavourless.

banks Yeah, I was wondering what was so great about isopropyl alcohol.

OpalCat What is root beer? It sounds a bit risque. Like Chateau le Gopener.

My vote:
Stout: Guiness
Ale: Coopers Sparkling Pale Ale
or James Squire Amber Ale