What Beer do you enjoy the most?

Big Rock’s Black Amber Ale - not seen to often outside Alberta, I suspect.

Polls belong in IMHO. I’ll move this one for you.

Cajun Man - SDMB Moderator

Westmalle Dubbel, Moortgat Duvel, Cristal Alken, Rochefort 10°

And you call yourself “Texican” :stuck_out_tongue:

Texas: It’s like a whole other country

Actually, I was referring to the style “American light lager” not the country of origin when referring to Bass and Shiner. And, as a matter of fact, I have a few bottles of Shiner Blonde in my frig right now.

Fuller’s ESB.

I’m another fan of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Scarlet Lady ESB by Stoudt Breweries is another tasty brew.

One I liked but haven’t seen in years is (forgive potentially murdered spelling) Augustienebrau Maximator. I can’t find it in beer guides. The last time I had it was in the mid '80’s-a six pack at a take out place was close to $10.

Well worth the price. :smiley:

I like lots of beers and I like to try new beers often. I’d have to say my overall favorite though is Bass.

If I had to choose a favourite beer, I’d say Miller’s.

Other beers I don’t mind: Power’s Lite (sadly, I think they went out of business ages ago), XXXX Gold, Carlton Crowns. All of these are Australian beers. I also like Hahn Lite (I think this is a kiwi beer)

Other contenders: Carlton Cold (Aussie), Sapporo (Japanese).

Beer I absolutely hate: Heineken. What were these people thinking???

Max. :slight_smile:

Another vote for Yuengling. It’s like heaven, only with more alcohol. The runner up is Lebatt Blue. I’d just like to use this opportunity to thank both Pennsylvania and Canada.

Another vote for Bass, though I rarely drink it.
Grolsch – for those Saaz hops. Distinctive. Unmistakable. For the first warm sunny day of spring.
Guinness, but sadly its flavor has been diluted since I first tasted it in Dublin 25 years ago. There is a rumor that the recipe has been changed to suit the American market. I remember it being more bitter, fuller bodied, and better. A stout should be full enough to kill intestinal parasites.
The website ratebeer.com is wrong about Trois Pistoles and Maudites. These highly rated beers have grassy flavors that arise from sloppy heating during the boiling stage. Most likely the husks on the bottom of the boiler got burned. Furthermore, most of the raters don’t know that the beer should pour clear – if it came out foggy then they mixed up the sediment at the bottom of the bottle. Once that happens you have to let it sit for at least a week, maybe a month. Amateurs.

Genesee Cream Ale.

In the nearly immortal words of my brother, “This is so smooth, I can’t wait to throw it up.”

Another vote for Guinness! I’m also partial to Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Spaten, and Bell’s (I think) Java Stout. It all depends on what I’m in the mood for. When I’m feeling particularly girly, Framboise is nice too.

Zweistein is a man or woman of quality.

On that list I would substitute Orval for the Duvel , which is good, but it’s not Orval.

And, since I’m drinking it tonight, Ommegang’s (Cooperstown, believe it or not) Rare Vos.

Er, presumably Duff. It was released (in a very limited, and unauthorised run) about ten years ago by an Australian brewery, and tasted pretty much like Powers’ Bitter.

My beers? I prefer the stouts, and I note that the current standard of Guinness is to stout in the same way as American beers are to, well, beer.

A great little drop out of the Phillipines is ABC Stout, closely followed by Tennants’ Stout and Coopers’ Stout - especially the Special Aged Stout which they release once every three or four years.

Otherwise, I’ll drink Coopers’ Vintage (again, a yearly issue), James Squire Porter, Newcastle Brown, Harp lager or Tsingtao.

Now, that was unneccessary. Sure, there are crappy American beers. But there are also crappy Irish beers (Guinness and Harp, I’m looking at you), crappy Australian beers (Foster’s, anyone?) and crappy beers from all over. The best American brews can go toe to toe with the best from anywhere. Just try anything by Victory, Sierra Nevada, or Stone. American brewpubs are some of the best in the world.

We won’t judge Australians by Foster’s, if you don’t judge us by Bud.

A gold mug of Kokanee straight from the tap always does it for me. Molson Canadian isn’t too bad of a back-up plan either.

Umm…that should be “cold” mug. Although, if I could afford to drink my beer in a gold mug the beer would probably taste that much better.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is our house wine, but my favorite is the Celebration Ale. I couldn’t find any around here this year (the beer selection in Greensboro is lousy, for some reason), but that’s OK–I still have a case of last year’s. (Unlike most beers, it cellars well–the flavors concentrate even more.)

Anchor Steam, Anchor Porter,
Anderson Valley Brewing Company,
Stone Brewing Company,
Fuller’s ESB & London Porter,
Belhaven,
Samichlaus,
Chimay,
Red Hook Double Black Stout,
Franziskaner,
Spaten,
Fin du Monde & Eau Benite by some Quebecois brewery,
Bass, Guinness, Harp (when they’re good, it’s a crapshoot sometimes)

and the list goes on and on…

I prefer Warsteiner Pils, Murphys Irish Amber, and Corona, in that order.

I order my ‘black and tan’ as a ‘half and half’, using only Guiness and Harp.

Flossmoor Station (local to Flossmoor Il. just outside of Chicago) Chessie Cherry is a really good chick beer.