What branded product has remained unchanged for the longest time?

I still have the Radio Flyer wagon I got for xmas in 1962. To a casual viewer, the new wagons may look awfully similar. But to someone who grew up using that thing for all of his/her kid transportation and haulage purposes :D, they are quite different indeed. (Plus, mine has my dad’s 1962 auto license plate affixed to it! ;))

Yes. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bayer or off brand are available here at 325mg (My memory was a bit off). Bayer also has 500mg tablets, but they’re touted as “extra strength.”

I don’t know what the instructions say, but for a normal headache, people take only one, maybe another one later if the headache doesn’t go away fast enough. I’ve never taken more than one, but I’m lucky to very rarely have headaches, and almost never really strong ones.

Is Aunt Jemima still being made? I thought I read that the name was changed in the not too distant past because PC people saw racist connotations or whatever in the name and her appearance…

Hmm. Is there a doctor in the house? There is no question that additional versions have been introduced since then. Clearly by now there are also different dosages available, some tablets are “enteric-coated”, etc.

The Bayer web site confirms that the original dosage was 500 mg, and that the “classic tablets” were out within a year of the drug launch. These still seem to be available OTC, but Bayer itself also has 325 mg tablets available, for example.

drugs.com has “Usual Adult Dose for Pain / Oral: 300 to 650 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours as needed / Maximum dose: 4 g in 24 hours”

Well, for what it’s worth, here in Germany you can get Aspirin from Bayer itself and some generics in 500mg doses as a painkiller, in 100mg doses as blood-thinner for cardiac patients (like me, I’ve been taking 100mg of Aspirin per day since I got a cardiac stent 7 years ago), and then there’s some product called Aspirin+Vitamin C, in which the Aspirin dosage is 400mg and which is sold as water-soluble tablets.

Aye; Aunt Jemima is gone, replaced by the Pearl Milling Company.

Low dose here, Bayer or otherwise, is 81mg. I’ve been on it for a few years now.

In terms of packaging, the Old Bay package hasn’t changed too much.

Zildjian Cymbals. Only around since about the early 1600’s.

Avedis Zildjian Company - Wikipedia

For the purposes of this thread - is there one particular cymbal of theirs you were thinking about that has been unchanged for a long time?

And yeah, Aunt Jemima is gone now, but before it was gone, they updated Auntie J considerably.

Fluke also still makes meters introduced in the 1980’s. The reason is for consistency over time. Large institutional customers can have many years of measurements, and to maintain consistency across time they don’t like to change their measurement tools.

Also, they often have training materials featuring a certain meter, and don’t want to change all that every time a new meter comes along. Also, 80’s era meters are still ‘good enough’, and don’t need much improvement for general measurements. My bench meter is an old Radio Shack desktop digital multmeter I bought in 1986, and it works perfectly for small electronics projects. I have a newish Rigol scope, a new soldering station, but my meter just keeps trucking on.

The Bird 43 wattmeter is, as far as I can tell, virtually the same product as was first sold in 1952 (elsewhere, ‘the early 50s.’), remarkable for an electrical instrument:

Current product page (it certainly looks the part):
https://birdrf.com/en/Products/Test%20and%20Measurement/RF-Power-Meters/Wattmeters-Line-Sections/RF-Wattmeters/43_General-Purpose-Wattmeter.aspx

Celebrating 70 years:
Bird Celebrates 70 Years

Wikipedia:
Bird Technologies - Wikipedia

Bayer used the original apothecary measurements, and these still persist in Canada. 325mg, the most common dose, is five grains. Smaller tablets are 81mg, or 1.25 grains. Twenty grains made a scruple; three scruples a dram; eight drams an ounce.

Chartreuse has tasted the same since 1737. Benedictine and riveted jeans are from the 1880s.

You must be shopping at Publix or similar. They cost 52 cents at my local Walmart.

Quaker Oats have been around since 1877. I figure rolled oats are pretty much the same now as then.

But are you sure they also used those measurements in Germany? Germany already had gone metric in 1899, from which the picture of the Aspirin package posted above originated, and the dosage there is given as 0.5g.

I saw an ad for that several years ago. It read “Smell like George Washington!”

Yep. That’ll have them banging on your doors, eager to get in and buy.

That’s what I was going to post. It’s officially the oldest brand in the world, the design not changing since 1885. It’s a gorgeous design, despite featuring a dead lion being eaten by bees. I have a tin in my cupboard right now.

The ingredients probably haven’t changed much, if at all, either, given how simple a product it is.

Love how nearly everyone is ignoring this :smiley: