What branded product has remained unchanged for the longest time?

I have my grandmothers K45 mixer, build date 1960. They DO NOT make them like that anymore. They used metal planetary gears, the newer ones use gears made of nylon, much more prone to shattering. The only thing I have done to mine is change the brushes and gear oil.

An article I read claimed there’d been two changes over the years on 501s (this was before the pocket rivets being dropped). The second was reached after months of meetings and consultations to change the label patch from leather to a composite material. The first to remove the crotch rivet was made instantly and unilaterally by the president of the company after he stood too close and too long to a campfire.

Bumping this thread because I heard back from a very nice lady at the Jiffy mix company. She says that the corn muffin product was introduced in 1950 with a plain white box with blue lettering but was changed not long after to the basic look it has today. It has always been 8.5 ounces in the same size box.

The box has been updated from time to time because, for example, they added a 1-800 number and the list of other products they sell has changed, plus their have been updates to required nutrition labelling. However, they have been using the same basic box design with seemingly the same picture since shortly after the introduction of the product. They don’t have the exact date the current design was introduced readily available.

Pink pearl erasers; I still see the same erasers for sale today I used almost 40 years ago.

I haven’t researched this one, but hasn’t the red ryder BB gun (the one from “A Christmas Story”) been available from the 50s or so? I know I bought my kid one a couple years ago.

That’s gotta be one stale muffin.

I know this is the inverse of the OP’s request, but I was disappointed when Old Spice aftershave (introduced in 1938) switched from a glass to a plastic bottle. And now the only one I can find has a spritzer!

Great example. EXACTLY the sort of thing I was thinking of!

Crumbled into chili it’ll be delicious.

Actually the crotch rivets disappeared during WWII due to wartime conservations policies. Brass was needed for the war effort, not civilian pants. After the war Levi’s realized the crotch rivet was pretty superfluous anyway so never reintroduced it.

Also WWII - era jeans have a lot to do with this. Due to the aforementioned effort to conserve unnecessary materials, the decorative stitching on the back pockets was replaced by paint – the fine patterns were hand-pained on each pair sold. Those particular pairs are worth a fortune today. Of course, so are many other examples.

Tastes like cardboard.

There’s a certain plainness and charm to them. Nice for folks who don’t have a very adventuresome palate. Like guys in my family.

The licorice and wintergreen ones are yummy! And there’s nothing like the crispness of fresh wafers. Given that corn syrup is listed among the ingredients, I’m guessing they’ve tweaked the recipe some though.

How about Bean boots? Even the colorful special edition ones appear to be largely similar in construction to the originals, but I’m confident there have been significant material changes over the years.

Gillette Foamy shaving creme.

I’ve never noticed a change in packaging since 1975.

Not only that, but every roll you buy tastes like it was made before the Civil War (Ahhh, antebellum chalky wafers… I do love them so).

I just happen to be eating one now! When they announced they were closing the factory, I went around to stores that hadn’t run out and hoarded a goodly stash.

I had a hard time resisting all the boxes of donuts that coworkers would bring in, so I started The Necco Diet*: I’d pop one of those and it would save me from that Maple Cream-Filled Longjohn.

*Watch for me touting it on talk shows… any day now!

Airgun models, especially low-power models, often have very long production runs. But they almost never stay exactly the same, as subtle improvements in design, materials and finishes are incorporated. Such is the case with the Red Ryder, as well.

The present-day Ryders have different sights, cocking levers, metal and wood finishes, and added safety features, compared to the early ones.

Oxford Univ press started in 1586 They have an office and warehouse near me here in NC .

Additional detail from IMDb:

According to Bob Clark and the Daisy Rifle historians on the documentary on the history of the Red Ryder BB Gun on the Special Edition DVD, the model rifle as described by Ralphie in the film is a mistake. When Jean Shepard originally wrote the story of Ralphie and his gun for the story “In God We Trust… All Others Pay Cash”, he had written about the gun based on his childhood experiences but had mis-remembered the details of the Red Ryder BB Gun. Specifically, the weapon did not have a compass or “This thing which tells time” (As Ralphie refers to the sundial). Those features were a part of another BB Gun model made around the same time. According to Clark, no one realized this mistake until it came time to produce the gun for the film and they were informed by the Daisy Rifle Company of the error. So the gun in the film is actually a custom made hybrid to match Shepherd’s recollections.

And:

Due to this film’s popularity, the Daisy Rifle Company has started producing Red Ryder BB Guns for sale during the Christmas season. It has become one of Daisy’s best selling rifles.

The film was set in the late 1930s and released in 1983, but probably didn’t gain the cult classic status that led to the special edition rifle until (my WAG) sometime in the 1990s.

Kind of like red staplers from Swingline.

Actually, nothing quite matches up with any particular year in A Christmas Story – I’ve tried. I put it down to either Ralphie misremembering as an adult or not letting the facts get in the way of a good story.

And for the record, Pierre’s secret messages were usually a teaser for the next show, not a crummy commercial.

They used to come with a cover that fit over the entire “spray” mechanism and was held in place by a ridge running around the circumference of the can. Now there is no ridge and only a tiny cap the covers only the push button.

Well I guess I can’t embed the image

Except for changes in packaging, I believe Vaseline has been unchanged since it was invented. Read somewhere that the inventor ate a spoonful every day.