What brands inspire the most fervent loyalty?

Harley-Davidson has to be up there. Serious Harley riders believe their machines to be the pinnacle of modern engineering and are so in love with their rides that they look down on anyone who dares to mount anything else.
(Note, I have no strong opinion one way or another about the actual machines, as I’m not a motorcycle rider. This is just an observation of what their owners are like.)
What other brands have legions of obsessive followers?

Pabst Blue Ribbon, if the number of PBR tattoos I’ve seen is any measure. (Yep, I have one myself.)

H-D is a great choice.

I’ll say Apple.

Ford and Chevy.

Converse seems to have a high incidence of loyalty to Chuck Taylor’s All Stars brand. I know, I own five separate pairs myself.

Anything sports related, if that counts.

Coke.

Levi’s jeans, I’d think.

I’d argue those are the de facto jeans guys buy when they merely need somewhere to cover their legs. No loyalty, just default jeans.

If you want loyalty to jeans, check this thread out. :wink:

And FWIW (not much, I know), I rushed my above post. I own four different pairs of All-Stars, two duplicates, for a total of six.

Any brands that are union made in America. It doesn’t mean we will be fervent about the brand, just the union employees.

It’s a little thing, but women are very brand-loyal to feminine hygiene products. I don’t know anybody who just buys whatever tampons are on sale.

What a surreal thread! Sorry, you are not an unbiased source on the matter of jeans loyalty. :stuck_out_tongue:

In my case:

Apple, Levi’s, Timberland, New Balance, and Lascaux Studio Acrylic paint.

Cigarette smokers too, have big brand loyalty. I used to.

Toothpaste? My wife and I cannot share toothpaste; she is a Crest user, I am a Colgate man. Plus, she squeezes from the middle! Barbarian!

Professional musicians often gravitate to one maker of gear - Gibson guitars (in the past anyway), Selmer saxes, Buffet clarinets.
It can get to the point where playing anything else makes a tacit statement you don’t want to make.

For me:

Dansko shoes
Saturn vehicles (I’m picking up the last new one I’ll ever be able to buy tomorrow). :frowning: I don’t have a clue what brand I’ll pick next time.
Lever 2000 soap
Mach 3 razors
Sabra hummus
Dukes Mayonnaise
OPI nail polish
Wavy Lay’s potato chips
Lane Bryant clothing (90% of the clothes in my closet, plus undies)
Beneful Dog food
Pepsi

Canon and Nikon.

Honestly, I have no brand loyalty there. As long as they don’t taste like shit (Gsmoke - no longer in production, for good reason), it’s all good.

I have a serious case of fanboyism for Fabrique Nationale, although US.gov might as well force me to use products from FNH USA in my civilian life. FNH USA is great also, but it’s not quite the same.

Can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned yet: Oakley.

Heinz® Tomato *Ketchup
*For me anyway. No Generic will do.