What brands inspire the most fervent loyalty?

Except for your boobs falling out. That would be funny!

Willard Burial vaults:
BEST damn coffins made!
No reason to cheap out, when you take that final dirt nap!
Where will YOU spend eternity!

Through a lesbian pinko women’s college, no less. :slight_smile:

Farberware.

The only die-hard brand loyalties I have are Apple and TiVo. Sony and Pantene are pretty close behind.

Except for being able to buy another one before they are gone, this is how I feel about Saturn. My last two cars have been Saturn SL2s, and I’m very sorry to see them go.

Google. I can’t think of any company that has such a strong, positive corporate image as Google, and I don’t know hardly anyone who has a loyalty to any other search engine.

What other search engine? Is there another?

<crickets>

Birkenstocks. You can take my Birks when you pry them from my cold, dead, er, feet, I guess.

Definitely tampons. I’m a Tampax gal, myself.

Toothpaste. Any brand, so long as it’s Crest.

In addition to what elmwood said, Craftsman is usually good enough if you are not a professional that is using and abusing your tools day-in and day-out. I was a heavy equipment assembler for 10+ years and even with heavy daily use Craftsman was more than adequate. Snap-on, Mac, Proto etc. were a little better designed, a little stronger and a whole lot more expensive. From what I’ve seen of Kobalt, they seem fine but they don’t have as wide a range of less common hand tools. The only place I’ve seen them is at Lowe’s home improvement stores so maybe I haven’t seen thier whole line.

Me and my wife both. If I hear “we only have Pepsi”, then I’ll order a Mountain Dew, or an iced tea. Coke is the only cola I will drink, period. My wife drinks Diet, but she’s the same way…no Diet Pepsi, only Diet Coke.

Did you ever stop to think that the reason they ask is because it’s an important distinction to some noticeable portion of their guests? And the fact that virtually every restaurant does it means that it’s a common issue everywhere. I’m not saying the majority of people care that much…but the entire service industry hasn’t been conditioned to ask because no one cares.

Part of the reason is that legally and the contract they have with the drink supplier is that if you order Coke, they must tell you they have Pepsi(and vice versa).

There are a lot of beverages that people develop fanatical brand loyalty to. I see it with Coke and Pepsi, and with a lot of beers (I’m a Guinness man, but there are a lot of other beers I like, too). My dad drank only Chivas Regal (he’d suffer through Johnny Walker Black if there was no Chivas available), and a lot of people drink only Cuervo Gold when they drink tequila, despite the fact that it’s consistently rated as one of the worst gold tequilas available.

What amuses me the most is that we put on a blind taste test, and the overwhelming majority of fanatic “American megabrew” fans (Bud, Miller…) couldn’t pick their favorite brand out of a lineup.

I’d have to agree, though, that it’s hard to beat Harley-Davidson and Apple Computer for hardcore brand loyalty.

Lots of PBR tattoos around here, but we all know that PBR stands for “Professional Bull Riding,” not “Pabst Blue Ribbon.” :wink:

Actually, this is exactly why I used to buy all Craftsman hand tools. Back in the old days, they had a lifetime guarantee, and if it broke, they’d replace it no questions asked. I used to date a girl who worked in the hardware department at Sears, and she said they’d replace even tools that had been obviously badly abused.

I don’t know how it works with them today, but there was a reason I was a Craftsman fan 25 years ago.

Where I work, if we run out of a brand or style, it’s about 50-50 whether they walk out, or buy another brand / style.

Joe

From our cold dead vaginas.

I just returned two broken ratchets about a month ago. One wasn’t even a whole ratchet, it was just the parts I could find in my engine compartment after it popped apart under extreme duress (cough /two foot cheater pipe /cough). No questions asked but after I got home I noticed the replacements both had “refurbished” stickers on them. They seem fine though.

Xbox vs. PS3 vs. Wii (vs. PCs). Pick your side and grab your weapon son. This is WAR.

It is not the 9x19 of the Hi-Power that I like, it is the shape, width, length and angle of the grip I prefer. The 1911 grip is too narrow due to the single stack magazine and too long front to back. The straight back strap does not curve to fit the hand.

Also, I don’t like the single action of the 1911. Sure the trigger feels great, but if you aren’t cocked and locked and need to fire a shot it is too slow.

Better fitting handguns have been designed since John Browning came up with the 1911. See his own Hi-Power as an example.

Glad you mentioned the CZ75. It fits the hand fantastically, and the trigger location is perfect for folks with large hands. They feel really nice.

? The Hi-Power is also a single action.