What brands inspire the most fervent loyalty?

Gun companies and/or gun types and/or calibers inspire incredible loyalty. You should see the debates on the Internet. A few examples:

Glock v. SigSauer v. H&K

9mm Luger v. .40 S&W v. .45 ACP

AK-47 type rifles v. M-16 type rifles

Semi-automatics v. Revolvers

It’s the equivalent of Ford v. Chevy or Coke v. Pepsi. Truth be told, those arguments are mild compared to those on gun forums. Those can go on for pages, and there are thousands of threads devoted to the subjects.

You pick a number…in my case, 505…and buy Levi’s 505’s every time, the same size, with maybe slight variation in the waist size over the years, and they fit EXACTLY the same, every time.

My Mother-In-Law bought me a couple of pairs of Wrangler jeans for Christmas a few years ago and they immediately didn’t feel right and after several hours became so uncomfortable that I couldn’t wear them anymore.

I usually buy Levis as well. Except not always the same number–I got some skinny jeans last time which are really comfy. I don’t remember the exact number/style, though…really should. They are great jeans.

I did also get an expensive ass designer jean except I don’t even know the designer brand’s name. They do look slightly cooler than my Levis but I’m not sure they’re worth going into the double digits over.

I don’t smoke, but smokers I know are the same way about cigarettes, even down to the size (regular vs 100s) and package (soft vs hard pack).

Wild Turkey. Jimmy Russell is a god.

Generally, Craftsman tool fans are those who like quality tools, but don’t work or visit places where Mac or Snap-On trucks stops.

Craftsman - made in the USA.
Kobalt - mostly made in ☭hina.

BMW. Cars or motorcycles.

Once you ignore the status symbol du jour people, everybody else who owns one won’t give it up until / unless they can’t afford both the BMW and food.

Honda, of course.

Do sports teams count? Because I think that they win by a gigantic margin.

A few more:

Nikon cameras

Duracell batteries

Old Navy underwear and socks

Smucker’s Natural peanut butter

Logitech mice

Leatherman micro multi tools. For the larger multi tools I like several brands.

Gillette Anti Perspirant Deodorant Clear Gel dedorants- No more ruined shirts after I switched to this years ago.

Lipton tea bags. I know there are more elite teas out there, but it’s a taste I’ve grown used to.

Splenda sweetner - much better than Sweet & Low or Equal

Progresso Soups - Their lentil and vegetable soups are much better than Campbells

Lean Cuisine frozen entrees - Not all hits but I like them better than the competition

Honda and Toyota will never be on my radar. I don’t really have to worry about making that decision for at least 7 years when the warranty on my new Saturn expires.

Huy Fong Food’s Sriracha Chili Sauce.

I swear they put crack in that stuff, it’s so delicious.

Truth.

Talk pistols with older guys and they will proudly state that if your pistol isn’t an M1911, you surely are a pinko commie hippie fag.

Browning forever!

His Hi-Power is a nicer pistol to fire, and the 1911 guys don’t quite know what to say about it. After all, the same guy designed both, but the Hi-Power is in that limp wristed, pinko Euro 9mm and not the hairy chested American .45ACP.

Too funny.

Saab, apparently. A buddy of mine has spammed nonstop anti-GM crap on his facebook ever since the Saab story broke. I mean, for years he’s posted about his new left blinker he just modded into his Saab, but he’s over the wall. It’s weird.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you about the Hi-Power being a nicer pistol to fire by design; it sounds like you just prefer 9x19 to .45ACP. They do chamber 1911s for the 9x19, try one and report back. No handgun ever designed replicates the brilliant trigger of the 1911. Period.

However, the Hi-Power project was started by JMB and finished by Dieudonné Saive (designer of the FN FAL) and thus, the Hi-Power is one of the coolest pistols ever produced.

For the record, even Colonel Jeff Cooper - a .45ACP curmudgeon if there ever was one - paid considerable respect to the CZ75 in 9x19. He didn’t grant such praise to the Hi-Power for some reason.

You dealt your way through?!:eek:

The Body Shop cosmetics and toiletries
Calvin Klein jeans and undies
OB tampons
Doc Marten shoes/boots
Chuck Taylor All-Stars sneakers
Sweet ‘n’ Low
Chock Full o’ Nuts coffee
Frank’s RedHot
Sahlen’s hot dogs
Weber’s mustard
Heinz ketchup

I never thought of myself as a brand whore, but maybe I am. I am imagining a day that begins like any other (except for being narrated by Rod Serling) but goes really wrong really fast when I find all my familiar favorites have been replaced. My skin is itchy, blotchy and has pimples everyone can see. My bra slides around and my boobs fall out; I have an unpickable wedgie, cameltoe, and a leaky tampon. My feet hurt. And horror of horrors, my coffee tastes like a mud puddle. I hope this day never comes.