what can I do with all those breadcrumbs?

I bought a big bag of plain dry breadcrumbs for a recipe, and I have a ton left. I don’t want to keep them forever in case they get stale. Is there anything I can make with a couple of cups of plain dry breadcrumbs? They cost less than $2, but I don’t want to throw them out if there’s a way to use them in something.

Save them in the freezer and use them for dressing on thanksgiving.
Or, do you know any ducks or pigeons:)

meatloaf, meatballs, crumb chicken or eggplant, top a casserole, brown in butter and top pasta, salmon patties

Melt a bunch of butter with a ton (seriously, a LOT) of finely chopped garlic in a bowl. Put the breadcrumbs, some italian seasoning, coarse ground pepper and a bunch of fine shredded Parmesan or asiago in a pie plate. Dredge boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs through the butter then roll in the crumb/cheese mixture and place in a baking dish. Once all the pieces are coated, dump the rest of the crumbs and cheese into what’s left of the butter and garlic, mix it up good and scatter all over the top of the chicken. Bake in a 400F oven for 45 minutes or until done. Serve over rice. You will love this!

Chicken-fried steak is where I end up using most of my crumbs (after seasoning them). Or anything similar to “shake’-n-bake” style recipes.

Ooooh, everything sounds wonderful. Thanks so much.

Go for a stroll in the forest. With any luck, you can parlay them into enough gingerbread to choke a [del]house[/del] horse.

Ha! Medieval gingerbread recipes did use breadcrumbs. I have all the ingredients, maybe I should give it a try: Black Plague Cupcakes. (topped with tiny sugar skulls left over from the Day of the Dead)

Just add water and reconstitute them into slices of bread.

You could lay a four-lane breadcrumb superhighway to the Witch’s Gingerbread House.

Bread should not be fed to birds, because it is not part of their natural diet and is not good for them.

Breadcrumbs freeze well; just put them in there and use them as needed.

You could get medieval with it - make cherry pudding. Or real (original) gingerbread.