What causes "Hangover Horniness"?

I experience this as well. On those occasions, if I manage to do anything about it, orgasms are unusually intense as well.

Another positive data point checking in.

Your body thinks you are trying to kill it, and wants to reproduce before you do so.

That’s what I thought too. Rats leaving a sinking ship?:stuck_out_tongue:

Even the ugly ones look good when your drunk.

I don’t experience this, but I have had something similar happen when I get a cold.

Interesting thread. I have never, to my knowledge, experienced this nor heard of it. Last time I was really hungover (New Years Day), I slept for 18 hours in two 9-hour spurts with about two hours in between and sex was the last thing on my mind.

:dubious:

Damn subconscious punnery.

Get thee to a punnery!

I get this too. Based on various experiences, I’ve come to the conclusion that this is mostly due to the effect of alcohol as a muscle relaxant (partially due just to morning wood). I think if you take some other muscle relaxant before bed you have a similar effect.

My SO definitely gets this, and we joke about it. I always said it was because he felt like he was dying and wanted to get a last one in. In any case, it’s certainly real in my experience. I am really curious as to a reason!

I also experience this. I believe it to be the effect of conditioning. Lazing in bed feeling rotten and bored, often with fresh recollections of actual or near sexual encounters from the booze fuelled night before is quite likely to result in masterbation (for most men at least). This will temporarily lift your mood and make you feel better (unless you throw up or your head explodes). Do this often enough and you’ll end up with a pavlovian link between hangovers and sexual activity which leads to arousal whenever you’re hungover.

The only way to test the theory would be to refrain from any sexual activity whilst hungover for months if not years to see if the effects reverse. As it is my hypothesis, it could not possibly be me who does the test… Any volunteers? :wink:

We used to call a morning erection a ‘lazy lob’. I think the hangover erection is just a version of this. Men often awake feeling horny, especially if they have a little time to lie in bed after waking.

Curious, I’ve never heard of this before. A question for the guys, does it happen only when you’ve been “out” drinking, or have you had the same effect from just one too many beers alone at home?

Both.

ETA: I completely forgot about this zombie thread, but it holds true; I am very …excited the morning of a hangover. Beats me why (hahahaha.)

If it’s mostly a guy thing, I think it can make a lot of sense. Alcohol actually lowers libido in a lot of men, and causes erectile problems in the majority. So when it’s wearing off, it makes sense that it could temporarily make you horny.

It probably doesn’t happen to everyone because the pain of the hangover often overrides it.

I could swear there was another thread around within the past year talking about this (so, not this thread.) That was the first time I heard of it. I’ve never experienced hangover horniness myself.

It’s because you killed the brain cell that told you to run away from the crazy bitch in the first place. (reverse gender as needed)

Exactly the same here (and wrt the OP.)

I’ve got a completely unsubstantiated theory that the desire to intoxicate oneself, which I’ve heard described as the fourth biological drive, is so powerful because it quite necessarily destroys brain cells and thus forces renewal. This could also explain why usage of drugs and alcohol seems to correlate with general intelligence.