What celebrity from your state do you want as governor?

Since Bruce and Demi seem to have fled Idaho I guess that leaves us with Clint Eastwood

Why is everybody mentioning people who were born in their state? If they don’t still live there, how can they be governor? After all, Arnold wasn’t even born in the US, let alone California. My interpretation of the OP is someone who lives in your state, but I guess since the thread title “from your state,” it is ambiguous and I could be wrong.

Governor Tina Turner
Governor Dixie Carter
Governor Cybil Shepherd
Governor Kathy Bates

Just turn it all over to any of the gals from West Tennessee!

In an issue of Relix, Hunter said it’s not about anybody specific. If you take his word for it.

Lot of celebs from New York… Al Lewis ran for Governor last time around, didn’t he? If John Lennon was still alive, I’d pick him for sure.

No, a headline writer’s dream come true would be a Whitney Houston administration.

D’oh, zepchick beat me to it.

Anyway, how about James Gandolfini? Or Paul Sorvino? I could actually see that happening.

We already had a joke for a governor, Tommy Thompson, a guy who, in appreciation of his anti-education polcies, was rewarded with his current post as Secretary of Health and Human Services.

What’s next for Arnold?

hijacking my own thread for a minute
Spence Abraham, when he was a senator from Michigan was part of a congressional movement to do away with the Department of Energy.

Guess who is the current Secretary of Energy? :smiley:

I hear he’s gonna be governor of California.

It’s a close choice between Bill Murray and Robin Williams for governer of Illinois. Gotta go with Bill though–he’s a devoted Cubs fan.

Stevie Nicks!!

As much as I love Vonnegut the writer, I’d have to say no to him as governor. Same for Larry Bird. Great basketball player (my all time favorite, as a matter of fact), but not the brightest guy in the world off the court. He is a greta leader, though, so I’d consider it.

The person I would want running Indiana is David Letterman, even though he is a New Yorker now.  Stupid Government tricks every night!

Jewel! She can’t sing, she can’t write, she can’t dance…she can’t really do anything. Oh wait, we already have that.

Texas. :smiley:

Let’s See…

Jerry Rice? Brett Farve? Steve McNair? Walter Payton?

Not really, but I’ll bet all of our NFL greats could whoop any other state! :smiley: