What celebrity from your state do you want as governor?

Wow. I’m thinking …
B.B. King. With “Lucille” as First Lady. heh.

or … Morgan Freeman. yeah, baby. :wink:

John Grisham? Faith Hill?
or …

E L V I S !

Actually, a folk musician aquaintance of mine is running for Governor. He’s a cool guy … check him out at www.dillon4gov.com

Woody Allen. We need a governor who wouldn’t take himself too seriously.

The only famous people we have in West Virginia are Chuck Yeager (the guy who first broke the sound barrier), and the guy who played Gilligan.

And Gilligan isn’t even a native.

Not for governor, but ever since his accident I have thought that Stephen King should run for Secretary of State of Maine. This is the office that has oversight of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. He could really put the fear of God into all the lousy drivers we have.

Other nominees from Michigan I could add in:

Aretha Franklin. Cause she can open a can of whoop ass singing at her inaguration. The rest of it would be down hill with issues of not paying her bills and mysterious fires at her used-only-as-storage mansion.

I can’t stand him, but, feh, Einemen (or whatever his skanky boy name is.) I refer to him as Enema. :smiley:

Kid Rock not to name drop lives in my town.
I’ve never seen him, and I wouldn’t be able to pick him out of a police line up, but he’s our local celeb.

A normal guy, Jeff Daniels.

Another normal vote: Mitch Albom
But, I’d vote for Madonna in a heartbeat over the rest.

Then again it might rule to have Don Knotts as governor … we could change the name of Charleston, the capital, to Mayberry!

Anything is better than Jeb!

Imagine the State of the State with Gruden’s face. Now imagine what Sapp would do if anyone criticized Chucky!

Please, no comments on Monday Night, I’m still recuperating…

Actually, it was John Lennon’s “John Sinclair” from Sometime in New York

link

Boy, we’ve got some slip pickins out here in the Pacific. I’d have to go with Don Ho. Age before beauty and all that.
Although if we can get Nicole Kidman into the job we’d certainly have the best looking Governor. Might actually make me watch the local news. Hmmmm.

Can’t really think of anyone in New Mexico. I guess we’d have to go with maybe Brian Urlacher. But could you imagine the fun times when the aforementioned governor of Colorado and the governor of New Mexico got together?

Dolly Parton for Tennessee. Not that I want her to be governor, but she’s the first one I could think of.

Danny DeVito? Joe Piscopo? Come on, you know that for Jersey, the coolest guv would be found out here on Mulholland Drive - Jack Nicholson. My second choice would probably be John Stewart.

Mr. Blue Sky beat me to providing the answer re: which Beatle wrote a song about John Sinclair. Yes, it was technically not a Beatles song, so maybe I should have said “former Beatle” or “Beatle as a solo act.”

Sinclair made the mistake of handing two marijuana joints to an undercover cop, and got a ten year sentence. Hence the lyric “they gave him ten for two, what more could the bastards do?” A rally was held at Crisler Arena (University of Michigan basketball facility) to Free John Sinclair, and as part of this, John Lennon and Yoko Ono played the song “John Sinclair.” Sinclair ended up being released before serving ten years, but I am not sure exactly how many years he did serve.

Which brings me to another old hippie celebrity who would make a great governor, in his case of Tennessee. That would be Stephen Gaskin, who has lived in the Volunteer State since the early seventies when he and a group of San Francisco hippies founded the Farm commune, which unlike many of the other sixties communes, still exists to this day. Gaskin also had a song written (supposedly) about him, “St. Stephen” by the Grateful Dead. I say supposedly because Robert Hunter (lyricist for the Dead) has never really confirmed for sure if the song really was intended to be about Gaskin. Nevertheless, many Deadheads including this one believe that Stephen Gaskin is the subject of “St. Stephen.”

Kinkey Friedman!

With a Lt. Governor of Willie Nelson.

Hmm, maybe I should have made that post about wanting to see Smokey the Bear as the Governor of New Mexico. Because believe you me when he wants to get something done, he’s going to get it done. If he thinks some company is taking advatage of NM, well he’ll go debate them alone in a backroom and come out with the absolute best contract for the state.

The only living celebrity I can think of FROM Montana is Jeff Ament (sp?), guitarist for Pearl Jam. He’s from a small town, shoots guns, still has a place in Montana - I’d vote for him.

But I’m stumped to think of any other Montana born or raised celebrities. Craig Kilborn lived here for a while in high school and played basketball at Montana State.

David Lynch lived for awhile in Missoula as a kid. But 'round here, you’re not a Montanan unless you grew up here.

Vincent Price for Governor of Missouri.

Well, no one would want Susan Sarandon with all her vapid liberal nonsense…Not to mention she’d never get elected with all the rumoured acts of debauchery committed on the set of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Whitney Houston…cocaine addict. Meryl Streep…nah. That leaves only one person. Joe Piscopo. JOE PISCOPO FOR NJ GOVERNOR!!!

Oregon: Tonya Harding.
She’d take a crowbar to the knee of the state’s debt, and step into the ring and slug it out with the Legislature.

Billy Bob Thornton, or The Clintons.

Oh.

Nevermind.

Billy Bob, it is.