What day is it?:::I'm losing my mind.

Being that I am no longer a wage slave like all of you out there, I do not operate on a M - F day of the week calendar. Today, whatever it is, I thought was thursday all day. Until I got into a debate with my mom who swears its Wednesday. So I had to call and make an appointment for a doctors office and I asked the woman on the phone what day it was and she says it’s Thursday. I call my mom back to gloat and damn…she proves me wrong…I think
I’ve decided I’ve lost my marbles.

Please resume the rest of your day happy that you are not me.

Shirley, it’s Wednesday. But I know how you feel. I’ve been on maternity leave for 3 weeks now, and I’m really getting clueless as to what day it is. I know it’s Wednesday, though, because I did not bowl last night, but I did bowl the night before. My bowling league is on Monday nights. Tha means today is, in fact, Wednesday.

Cristi, the reason I’m so confused is I have been babysitting Tues/Wed/Thurs for my cousin and I WOULD SWEAR on a stack of bibles and STraight Dope Books that today was my third day of going to my cousin’s house to baby sit. Which this only means that the days have blurred together and I have to go down tomorrow and babysit.

Of course, this mentally of mine hasn’t changed so much from when I was a wage slave. Some days the only way I knew what day it was was by how many travel coffee mugs on the floor of my car. If there were three, and one in my hand, it was thursday. It was a much simpler time…

Shirley, I was sure today was Thursday. Of course, that’s because I’m taking Friday off and my hubby and I are going to San Juan for the weekend … WOO HOO!

Sorry.

Back on the topic: a friend of mine used to work as a psychiatric social worker in a psychiatric ER, and one of the questions she used to determine whether people had a grip on reality was “What day of the week is it?” Then one day, she forgot what day of the week it was, and went to an appointment on the wrong day! :frowning: She had to find a new question.

The Cat In The Hat

A winter Thursday some years ago: I was doing a lumber mill startup in the remote Canadian wilderness, and had a crucial question to ask of my vendor’s technical support engineer. It took an hour to navigate through the voicemail…(nobody there) and get some pager numbers (still nobody) until I reached the senior technical support engineer at home at about 7 PM.

He gave me the information I needed, and stayed on the phone until I had walked through the fix on our system.

As I was thanking him, I more clearly heard a hubbub of voices in the background on his end, and asked if he was having a party or something.

His reply: “Man, where are you? It’s Thanksgiving.”

You might wish to invest in a thing called a calender. They are very handy in these situations.

Yer pal,
Satan

Nah, a calendar doesn’t help if you don’t remember what day yesterday was, it just doesn’t help.

pat

Actually a calender ain’t gonna help in the least. A calender is a machine through which paper or cloth is rolled to give it a glossy finish.

Maybe you meant a colander nah, that won’t work either.

My suggestion is take a look at the computer which updates the calendar automatically. It works really well.

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.

I also just found out a calender is a member of an order of wandering dervishes among the Sufis. Check with the Sufis, maybe they know what day it is.

Excerpted from Compton’s Interactive Encyclopedia
Copyright © 1997 The Learning Company, Inc

One complete set of morals for sale to highest bidder, new in box.

If you think you have it bad, look at my schedule: I go in to work on a Friday, I don’t get off of work till Saturday, and when I go back to work IT IS STILL THE SAME DAY (Saturday). This is how it is for me till Monday morning. I sleep all day Monday and miss it completely. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are normal days for me, then the whole thing starts over again.

Shirley…Me too! But , like you I am not tied to the watch that I no longer wear.I’v even turned my calendar to the wall! I talked to a phone repair person today & insisted that a repair to my phone
line (failed) was made one week ago today, Thursday. Isn’t a luxury to not have to care? I LOVE IT! Your friend, the

Zymurgist

It is Wednesday, September 22, 1999. As I type this it is exactly 8:46:15 Eastern Time as measured by the New York Stock Exchange. And you are the luckiest person on the face of the planet.

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

UncleBeer, I checked with my neighborhood Sufis. They were too busy being whirly & dirvishy to know what day it was, and they were to dizzy from the whirling to care. :slight_smile:

The calendar on my computer doesn’t work. It never has. Stupid piece of junk.

I hope to get a new motherboard someday very soon, so I can play cool games, and that one better have a working clock on it, otherwise I may have to get all pissed off at someone a bit.

See how evil I am?

You guys think you’re messed up! :slight_smile:

During the summer my sleeping regularly drifted through the day and night. One day I would sleep from 3AM to 1PM, and by the next week I would be sleeping 8AM to 6PM! Don’t try to analyze that, please. But for three months I had almost no idea what day it was. Now that I’m back in school, I sleep from 3PM (when I get home) to 8PM, and then from about 2AM to 6AM, which is before daybreak.

Waking up in the middle of the night kills your mental calendar, take it from someone who knows.

“Of course, that’s just my opinion; I could be wrong.”–Dennis Miller

Guys, I don’t know how to tell you this, but it IS Thursday.

Just trying to help.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Satan, a calendar doesn’t help.
The franklin planner in my head has only one date marked, and that is a wedding next month. After that, I have nothing planned. The days blur together once you stay at home retired, like Carl or to be a domestic tyrant, like me. I love it because I do my shopping when everyone is at work and there is no lines at the store.

If I ever went back to work ( for money, that is) I would probably go postal if I had to stand in a long line at the grocery store again, during rush hour shopping times.