What did you do with an unexpected windfall?

We got $10000 several years ago–an inheritance. He spent half on a boat, and we put the other half aside for the downpayment on our house.

I received an inheritance and have not really touched any of it… moved a few things around, and hope to let it grow enough so I can have an earlier than normal retirement, but my day to day living expenses are more than covered by my business.

Never really had any windfalls, although last year I got a bigger bonus than I was expecting by getting a box 1 in my performance review which meant I got a £1000 bonus rather than a £450 one like most years. I used it to pay off the little that was on my credit card (£300) and the rest I spent, I think on clothes.

I’ve never received a meaningful windfall. I have, however, been working a ton of overtime for the last 5 months. We’re paying off the house. We’re “this close” to done. I can’t wait! I suppose if I came into some semi-big money we’d get a new car. But I can’t think of a helluva lot I could spend it on for myself. I’d probably set up an annuity or something for my son.