What do I do about Sallie Mae?

I’ve been paying off a loan I got for a computer class a while back.

Then recently my life fell apart. House burned down, got sick, lost my job (due the the first two). So I kept making payments while I could but it’s getting pretty bad. So I e mailed a bunch of times asking for a deferment or a forebarence or what every I’m eligable for. Nothing. Then I called and talked to a human who said she’d email the forms the next day. Nothing.

Now, I don’t know if I’m eligable or not. But if they don’t send the forms I won’t know. Meanwhile they keep charging me, including late fees. Anyone have experince with them? Anyone know how to deal with them at all? Anyone know if I can get the late fees taken off assuming I ever get though to them? Anyone know when they’ll be coming to break my kneecaps?

Thanks

Or is this a GQ? Please move if necessary :slight_smile: .

Sorry you got the shaft once you spoke to a human at Sallie Mae. I had no trouble getting the necessary forms mailed to me when I called. In fact, I’m pretty sure I had them within a week. Maybe try again?

Sallie and I are on intimate terms, thanks to my own computer class.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with them over the phone. I have too. I talked with a live person who proceeded to royally fuck up my payments.

Do you have an Internet connection? I’ve found dealing with Sallie Mae at salliemae.com to be much easier than dealing with live people. Good luck and let us know how it goes.