What do you call that headdress some Arab men wear?

Kind of a hood, usually white or checkered, with cords wrapped aroud it. Like this. Also, what do you call the cords?

I thought it was called a burnoose, but Wiki sez that’s a kind of cloak.


The cord is an agal.

Thanx! :slight_smile: