what do you call the person who...

What is the word for a person who knows a little bit about everything, but not a lot about anything?

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I’ve heard something similar about doctors: A GP knows less and less about more and more, until she knows nothing about everything. A specialist knows more and more about less and less, until he knows everything about nothing.

Some would say “dilletante,” others would say, “Renaissance man.”

–Nott, who may have spelled one of those words wrong…

A dabbler or dilettante is an amateur who pursues work or study for the love of it, most often in one field only.

A Renaissance man or polymath has deep knowledge in many fields.

A sciolist or smatterer has superficial knowledge in many fields, and often tries to use that knowledge to pass himself off as a polymath.

I always thought it was a sexual intellectual.

AKA a f-ing know-it-all.

What do you call a woman who knows everything about everything? Your wife.

Saw this “ad” hanging in a house that was for sale, apparently because the couple was divorcing:
For Sale: One set of Encyclopedia, no longer needed. Fuckin’ wife knows everything.

Socrates: "The only true wisdom consists in knowing

that you know nothing.’"

Ted: “That’s us, Dude!”

Bill: “Oh yeah.”

…third base!