What do you collect

I guess I collect DVD’s (about 400 so far) and ex-girlfriends. Not quite up to 400 on the ex-girlfriends yet, but getting there quickly enough for me to question my sanity

Propaganda, especially McCarthy era. I look for pamphlets, but I have everything from books to posters with some sort of political importance.

I started collecting pink flamingos accidently, and pottery that goes with the flamingos.

Complete bridge sets.

Certain kinds of glass-ware (fortunately so expensive that I seldom find any reasonably priced).

Key chains; actually the little things you hang on your key chains. That’s my most active now; I even collect the freebie advertisement ones. I also keep the keys to everyplace I have ever lived on this key chain.

Refrigerator magnets, but only tourist ones from places I have visited, gifts, and freebie advertisments; I have stolen some of these off friends’ refrigerators.

I collect:

• ticket stubs from events I’ve attended
  • all pertinent info from shows I’ve worked (although I waffle whether this is a ‘collection’ or a ‘portfolio’)
  • Internet humor, folklore, marginalia
  • theatre history (books, mags etc), folklore, humor
  • coins and stamps (this one is kinda dormant now)
  • books (esp 19th C English lit)
  • odd, useless, trivial information of all sorts

…and shiny purple things.

I collect pictures from the internet. Baltimore Orioles, baseball players, football, sports in general, presidents, NASCAR wrecks, bands and album covers, maps and sattelite photos, odd funny things I see.

It’s not really for collecting but I have quite a collection of CDs. I’m addicted! I need help. :slight_smile:

Clowns. Yeah, I know other people find them scary, but I just can’t help myself. I love the little buggers.

Vintage clothing, when I can afford it. I have two late 20’s era ballgowns, some Victorian stuff, several 50’s prom dresses, a silk velvet opera coat. Lots of excess valuable clothing.

Books, too, but Gyrate’s right- it’s more like “accumulate”, as in, “How the hell did we end up with this many books?!”

Books, comics, keys, lunchboxes, toys, mainly comic book superheroes, but I’ve got Simpsons too. I have lots of temporary tattoos, ya never know when you might feel like wearing one. I’ve got lots of little collections of old money, old marbles, 7up stuff, McDonald’s stuff only employees would have (although I’ve never worked there), and lots of boxes and tins to keep stuff in. I have things from England, as my maiden name is also a town in England, so I get things with my name on them. Items from a defunct amusement park I went to as a child.
I make jewelry from old, so I’ve got lots of old jewelry & beading stuff. I tat too, so I have some old bobbins. I have a lot of albums & cds, but I don’t consider it a collection, it’s just people and groups I like. Accumulating a lot of books is cool, imho, I always say I don’t have too many books, I don’t have enough bookcases!

[hijack]

Seriously? I’ve been wanting to learn to tat, but I honestly thought it was a lost art. May I email you?

[/hijack]

Mostly movie tickets but also travel tickets or concert tickets. When I get home from the theater or concert I will tape them to a piece of notebook paper that contains other tickets. I have a record of every movie I’ve seen in the movie theater since The Green Mile in December 1999.

Walt Disney non-feature length cartoons.

I collect Pez Dispensers and other Pez related stuff. I don’t buy them over the internet or try to get hold of old or rare ones or anything like that, I just keep an eye out for them when I’m at the shops. My friends also keep a look out for them for me when they go abroad etc.
I have about 40 now, plus a few other Pez related things, like a Pez mobile phone, and a mini-dispenser key ring.
My favourite- hmmm, maybe the first one I bought for my collection- a spiderman one- very cool.

Comics. Specifically Batman. I have some issues dating back as far as 1970, but I kinda lost interest when I realized there isn’t a market for them right now. I’d actually like to get rid of them if I could.

A former SO collects just about everything and every time I go home she still asks me to bring her a “Räuchermann” and I do. (What a sucka, huh?:D) Those are little wooden figures hollowed out inside for a small piece of incense which one lights and then puts the torso of the little guy back on. When it’s back together it looks like a little man smoking a pipe. They are usually bought for Christmastime.

I am also a bit of a guitar collector. I currently have three, although they are not of the expensive variety. I have a jones for the color blue when it comes to guitars, and would love to find a blue “Paul-McCartney”-style bass.

Quasi

Quasi

I’ve collected a lot of stuff in my life, but for the last several years I’ve been obsessed with amassing toy and model Mazda MX-5 Miatas.

I’ve got Miata Hot Wheels, model kits, pedal cars, slot cars, radio controlled versions, etc. I’ve gotten them from not only all over the US, but around the world: Japan, England, Australia, Canada, Holland, Hong Kong, Germany, the United Arab Emirate and elsewhere.

I’ve got over 420 different versions so far, and have put together a web site for them all at www.toymiata.com.

Eric

Aha! the Dark Side of cartoon collecting!

Come over to the true light of Warner Brothers (and/or Bullwinkle)!

CDs

Bird identifications. Make a list every new bird seen

How boring…

Quite addicted to books, but I just consume them now. They go out, get given away eyc.

I have a big collection of Stephen King books.
I collect posters, pictures, statues and candleholders of Dragons (if prices are good).

Otherwise…my life is dull. :slight_smile:

Pink flamingoes. I have yet to buy one; friends and family just give them to me.

Tropicalia/Floridiana/Caribbean kitsch – cheap, fast, and out of control!

XTC collectibles. Vinyl, pins, posters, signatures, unreleased recordings, import CDs, etc.

Without any conscious design, the B&W-photograph poster (mostly historical urban scenes) has come to dominate my apartment. NY, London, Paris,…

Also, posters, paintings, postcards, etc. of wet cats. That’s right – cats being bathed against their will, a googly-eyed cat left out in the rain, and so on. The bathos of these images just cracks me up. (IRL, I have always loved cats and spoiled them to no end.)

Sorry, I just can’t.

I collect animals - live ones! I currently have,
Rats
Mice African Spiney Mice
Gerbils
Guinea pig
Chinchillas
Hedgehogs
Rabbit
Snakes
Lizard
Frogs
Tarantullas
Giant Cockroaches
America Cockroach
Prickly Leaf Bug
Budgies
Cats
Rottie

And at work, a Turtle and one of the Chipmunks, if I ever get it home!

I also collect '78’s, the latest one being a 1906 novelty, one-sided.

I used to collect Dark Shadows stuff and I’ve got a fair amount of books on Motion Pictures (Hi Eve!), especially the older stuff.

Mr zoogirl collects wolf stuff.