What do you generally listen to when you are in the car

I usually check first to see if there’s something I’d like on Classic Radio (i.e. “Dragnet”, “I Was A Communist For The F.B.I.” or other crime/suspense program). If not, it’s either play-by-play (generally baseball or hockey) or music.

what s/he said. Although right now I’m subbing my phone via BT, the thumb drive is busy with something else

If someone else is in the car, I listen to them.

If alone, I listen to the car.

On very long trips, over 8 hours, I listen to local stations or talk radio.

Even those listening to “old built in AM/FM” are more than likely receiving HD Radio on later model cars. It’s just kind of automatic/transparent to users, and they may not even know it.

Silence or minimal conversation. I’m colorblind. Traffic demands my full attention.

I have that too, but even with ~10,000 songs it’s surprising how many repeats there are sometimes.

I would assume that if artist/title info shows up in the display, that station is HD. Am I right about that?

When it comes to music I’m somewhat similar, though my collection isn’t quite as large. I’ve got around 5,500 mp3’s on my phone. The player app I use has dynamic, rule-based playlists, and I normally include a rule to only pick songs that haven’t been played in X number of days. For example, my go-to playlist is songs I’ve rated 3 stars (out of 5) or better and haven’t been played in 90 days. That keeps songs from being repeated too often.

If it’s just me, it’s usually on Sirius/XM Blues, Reggae, or Jazz, or Headline News. Sometimes I’ll opt for just silence.

If it’s me and Mrs. Homie, whatever she wants, unless I want a knock-down drag-out. Usually that’s Sirius/XM 80’s or 90’s, or one of the comedy channels. NEVER silence.

Two main non-commercial radio stations (Sun and KUTX) on a regular radio (not Sirius). If I’m out of range, I stream them using my phone, next radio, and bluetooth.

For many years on my commute I used to listen to podcasts, but more recently I’ve been listening almost entirely to music on my MP3 stick. I realized that I was getting bored, annoyed, or stressed from the podcasts.

NPR and Sirius.

NPR on either the local station or SiriusXM; or we listen to mp3’s on my phone. Sometimes we’ll listen to sports. Pacers, Colts, or Nationals. Not interested in anyone else.

Well whatever you do then, do NOT check out Mueller She Wrote. Content is too well delivered, the revelations make me want to crawl out of my skin. Because I do that, you know. I’m a reptile. Person.
HELLO MY BABY, HELLO MY HONEY! HELLO MY RAGTIME GAAAAL!

Mostly local rock radio stations. During baseball season, I listen to the Giants game if there is one.

Yes, can I just say that despite having a degree in science, and working in a scientific field (though I am a middle manager, not a scientist) I really, really don’t like Science Friday. I don’t know what it is, I just never enjoy that show.

Golic and Wingo in the morning, The Men’s Room in the afternoon.

Exactly. If there’s anything I don’t want to hear, it’s the latest revelations about how awful Trump is. Instead, I’ll hear more of the music I love.

Heh. I generally listen to Radio 2, but in my experience it’s a music channel, with a bit of talking. I switch channel if the talking’s going on too long, to find some music (even going so far as :eek: Radio 1 :eek: on occasion).

I don’t like listening to talk radio when I’m driving, I find it takes up too much of my concentration. A bit of chatting between songs is OK, but, well, the urge to punch some of the utter muppets who phone in to Jeremy Vine is far too distracting.

I listen to podcasts, Sirius/Xm, and music that’s loaded onto my iphone. Can’t tolerate terrestrial radio. Not interested in listening to 30 minutes of commercials every hour.