What do you like in your crêpes?

Same here. It’s my grandmother’s recipe. I grew up eating those crepes on weekends and special occasions, and it was always the same. Start with a huge, hot crepe taking up the entire plate. Sprinkle on some brown sugar, and make sure to get some all the way to the edge. Roll up the crepe with your fork, then drizzle it with maple syrup.

I can hunt down the recipe for the crepe batter, if anyone’s interested.

Where’s here? Crepe makers all over Paris seem to be using the same batter for both sweet and salty crepes.

It’s a pretty traditional French filling for crepes or appetizer bites. Not necessarily crab, though, you can use pretty much anything you have lying around. A few weeks ago I made it with some leftover pork roast, shallots, and leftover rose instead of shellfish, green onions, and vermouth. Was ridiculously nommy.

Here being Paris. But you’re talking street vendors when I’m talking restaurants (even cheap ones).
BTW:I wouldnt use Paris as the standard for proper crepes.

Funny, the restaurants I went to also had both kinds. In any case, you seem to be perfectly aware that it’s common where you live for people to put savory fillings in crepes – a place where the crepe is ubiquitous and possibly the place where more crepes are made on a daily basis than anywhere else in the world – but you express bafflement at the idea.

A True Frenchman or a True Scotsman?

Lol, crepes and galettes are a Brittany thing that spread. Never been to a restaurant that served salty fillings in crepes.

I like Jelly but really crepes are too thin for me. I’d rather eat a REAL pancake with jelly :slight_smile: