What do you think of Eminem's new "Without Me" video?

I’m not much of a rap music afficionado but this video is absolutely hilarious!

Yeh, I like it.

Well, I think he rhymes the word “me” with itself three times in the chorus, giving O-Town a run for their money.

I’m not a huge fan of rap, but I absolutely love this song, and think the video is pretty funny.

I’ve been fighting with myself constantly whether or not to buy the CD. I’ve picked it up and put it back down numerous times.

Is the rest of the CD just as good as that song? Worth the money?

Sheri

:smiley:

Well previously, my reponse to questions about my opinion of Eminem’s talent was he’s the genius who rhymed “Shady” with “imitatey”.

Well, Eminem’s music doesn’t seem to rely as much on actualy rhyming as it does on alliteration and the rhytm with with the words are delivered… So using “me” at the end of three lines in a row isn’t that big of a deal.

…And betenoir, I’m pretty sure he rhymed “Shady” with “imitating”.

I like the song. It has quite a few good lines in it.

“Though I’m not the first king of controversy
I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley,
To do Black Music so selfishly
And use it to get myself wealthy (Hey)”

chuckle That must piss off lots of Elvis fans…

darkwriter: the rest of the cd is somewhat different to without me. eminem writes a ‘cartoon song’ for each of his records to earn himself extra money and promotion. kinda like britney spears, i guess. there’s some ok stuff on the cd, but i’d try and get a listen to it before you buy it. if you go in expecting an album full of elvis presley + moby jibes, you’ll be pretty disappointed.

and me? i love the video, hate the song. if i wanted novelty hits, i’d listen to who let the dogs out.

I like the whole CD. As a disclaimer I don’t own any of his other CD’s, or much Rap/hip hop at all. The rest of the CD is not as cartoonish as gex gex says. It is emotional and political. My favorite song on this CD is “Square Dance”
Psychotic, hypnotic product
I got it, the antibiotic
ain’t no body hotter
and so on and yada yada
Got to talk alot of um de da duh da da da da
ochy walla walla um da da da da da
but you gota gota keep moving

Also “Cleaning out the Closet” is a great song where he gets out his anger at his mom. There are a few songs that deal with his law suits and Kim, one that talks about terrorism and “White America”. Download a few songs if you can, but I’d say go for it.

A bit of a hijack (Arr, matey!); Why is Eminem dissin’ Moby? Boy bands, Brittany Spears, and the like I can understand because they’re easy targets, but Moby? It’s illogical, he seems so harmless. Did Moby say something about Eminem?

Yes, Moby talked against Eminem’s previous albums.

Thanks, gex gex. More than likely I’ll end up picking up the CD. But at least now I have a better idea of what to expect. :slight_smile:

Sheri

“darkwriter: the rest of the cd is somewhat different to without me. eminem writes a ‘cartoon song’ for each of his records to earn himself extra money and promotion.”

Word. As with his two previous albums, he’s opened with the funny song that parents’ll let their children listen to and advertisers will use in their campaigns until they listen to the lyrics. The next single will most likely be a very dark tune, if he follows the pattern.
I’ve heard bits of the latest album, and it seems good. I really recommend the first LP, and I’m not a huge rap fan.

I bought it a while back and most it is very good. As always some of the songs are a bit lame (Sing for the Moment) but others are very good (Superman, Without Me and Cleanin Out My Closet)

I’d say its not quite as good as the Slim Shady album but a bit better than the Marshall Mathers album.

I’m not a terribly big fan of his, but I think the video’s really cool. Good amount of humor, you gotta love the Batman motif, and honestly, I actually enjoy the song in itslef.

So yeah, it’s good.

They turned the entire “Without Me” song into a song about the Detroit Red Wings which gort played ENDLESSLY around here. Except I must say its cleverly done.

I used to think I should hate Eminem, but the more I learn about him the less I feel that way, and I actually like the music that gets radioplay. And I may even pay full price to see “Eight Mile.”

Haven’t seen the video yet though, which makes one wonder what the hell I am doing replying to the this thread.