What do you think would be a cool band name?

I have cousins who used to have a band they called Brobdinag. I always thought a cooler name would have been The Brobdinagian Midgets.

Zev Steinhardt

My brother is in a band called MIS-LOAD. They have a web site with music downloads and stuff, but I can’t remember the URL :smack:

-Andrew L

My ultimate band name?

Not David Bowie

Now, perhaps I can be sued for this, but I don’t know why. It’s the honest truth. I am not David Bowie. And I think imagining conversations.

Who’s playing tonight?

Not David Bowie.

Who’s up there now?

Not David Bowie.

Another band name I like is Magnetic Dog Boys. I was in Toys R Us and walked past one of those easels with chalkbaord on one side and magnetic letters on the other for kids to play school with. On the photo on the box, they show kids playing with it, and there are three words on the board, in that order: Magnetic, Dog, Boys. I think “Magnetic Dog Boys” would be a great band name.

Other ones I’ve come up with:

Tribute Band

Great Band Name

That Racket

Dell and Ham Nation

Silent Schwa

It’s a dumb joke, but Penny Beer would be a good name if you could get a gig.

Tired, Tired Cliche, a contribution from someone’s Pit thread about how sick they were of the “Band Name” gag that was making the rounds on the boards.

Prom Needles, a real name of a local duo I saw once. They were good and funny, I wish they had stuck around longer.

Third Monkey, the band name if I ever had a band. Taken from a funny saying used by an awesome professor I had in college.

Yellow Peril, my name for a fictional Chinese death metal band in a story I want to write. So hands off!

Eyes Open Sneeze
From what I understand, it’s impossible to do.

widdershins-

For some reason my curiosity is getting the best of me with regards to the Third Monkey reference.

What was the funny saying?

**Blue Jean Cream

2North **(the name of the part of the hospital where they put the “crazies” in the town I grew up in)
Bite the Wax Tadpole

Voda

Anal Leakage**

All these were real band names from when I was in high school - all but Blue Jean Cream and Voda were bands that I was actually in. And, in case you couldn’t tell, they were all metal bands.

-Dirty

The Musicians

The Worthless Bastards

Four Guys Named Leon (Works best if it’s a 3-guy band)

The Upstanding Gentlemen

The Children

Mom’s Idea

Cute Wittle Schnookums

That was mine- thanks for remembering.

I was going to add Dave’s Tired Cliche, but alas I think I am now too late.

Maybe Coming to a T-Shirt Near You?

Nah.

To Be Announced or TBA for short.

Instant gigs around the nation.

Burning 'roids

-or-

Bursting 'roids

Seepage

Middle Finger

Shut Your Pie Hole

I think “2% Homo” would be a good band name. It follows the rock semi-tradition of naming your band after something you’ve seen on a sign or label, and is open to many interpretations.

Ass Klownz

Yeah they suck; but you already knew that.

Real bands I’ve seen in my years:

The Hostile Amish
The Circle Jerks
Cousins from Venus

Skinny Happy People

Johnny Jif and the Choosy Mothers

Moneyshot (mine)

The Band (real, of course)

Leftover Salmon (real)

Vinculum (prog rock)

Long bad names are band!

I’d really wanted to name my band The Frocks, but some punks from England got it first, apparantly.

So now it’s The Insoluble Persian Cats. Got that one in the Grateful Dead manner…opening the dictonary randomly twice in a row, then adding the definite article.

But what if the article that started the band wasn’t “the”? What if it was A, or An? Whooooaaa, look out, man.