What does this do? Useless unused features on things that you own.

Yup. I’ve also used the lower gears in my previous car (automatic) when driving on unplowed backroads.

And a bright dashboard is great in the city when they are competing with a lot of headlights and other light sources, but when I’m on remote roads and there are no other cars for miles, it’s easier to see the road (illuminated by headlights only) and a lot easier on the eyes.

I know someone who took the caps lock key off, and super glued something under the spring thingy and popped the key back on on their laptop. I have been so tempted to do that.

[it was a work laptop and they couldn’t go in and change the key mapping on it, no admin rights.]

As a secretarial-type, I use delete, backspace, and insert as required - if you’re in front of the word, use delete; if behind the word, use backspace, and change to insert if you want to insert without affecting what’s already there. I can see where most people who don’t type documents for a living wouldn’t get much out of it, though. :slight_smile:

There are all kinds of things on my computer that I don’t use at all. I could make a movie, or write a song, or make a website, but I don’t.

Dash dimmer is a separate switch now? :confused: It’s always been part of the headlight switch in my vehicles. Pull out for headlights and turn to dim the dashboard.

My new microwave has this Inverter Technology feature I never use. Nor do I use the idiotic program modes. After 25 years experience I know how long it takes to heat up a plate of food or cook popcorn.

Alt-SysReq is used for special purposes on Linux systems, so it’s best to have it. Scroll Lock, I don’t even know what it does. My keyboard has it on the F12 key. My laptop has a special bluetooth button, but no bluetooth.

Yours went up to 11?

My cable remote has about a hundred buttons which appear to have no function whatsoever.

My dog broke my Scroll Lock key two years ago and I’ve never bothered replacing it, since I’ve never once needed it. On the other hand, my brother is so “thrifty” that when his L key broke, he remapped it to one of the Function keys rather than replace it.

If you live in South Carolina and have no choice but to park in the sun, that sunroof is a godsend - anything you can to replace that 130-degree air faster is a big help.

Microwaves - anything other than time, defrost, start and stop. I never use less than 100% power and my cooking life is seemingly unaffected.

My iPhone has a gazillion features I never look at.

Clocks on things that aren’t clocks. I hate setting the time on my coffee maker, but I hate seeing 12:00 blinking all the time even more. I have maybe a dozen digital clocks in my house that I never consult, but have to set everytime we have a power outage - stove, microwave, coffee maker, etc.

I don’t even know what most of the options on my dishwasher mean. Regular wash? Sure. Maybe 6 times a year I’ll run a ‘delicate’ load after using the fancy glasses, but that’s it.

And the ones you use 99% of the time are tiny and in difficult to find locations.

Goddamn it, give me a remote with huge Volume, Channel and Mute buttons and relegate the rest of that shit to the tiny out of the way buttons.

Add a “Last” button to that list (so you can flip between two channels), and I’m there.

i use the “Scroll Lock” key dozens of times every day.

On a coffee maker, at least, there is a purpose for having a clock, even if you don’t use this feature. It’s so you can set it to automatically brew coffee at a set time so it’s waiting for you fresh and hot when you wake up.

that is for when the spouse/SO is stinking up the place while on the toilet, you can already smell it and they aren’t about to get up and turn the fan on. you can ventilate from a safe distance.

use black electrical tape

On the “pause” key, either Ubuntu or Wine (I’m not sure which) doesn’t recognize it, and I really wish it did. There’s an old game I play (Dark Reign) where the pause key pauses the game, and there’s no way to remap it to a different key. One of the nice features of that game was the ability to pause it to give orders to your units, which they would carry out when you unpaused (to let you keep up with the AIs that could do everything at once), but that’s just not possible now with my setup.

Aren’t all of those things with clocks also things that have timers? My coffee maker, stove, microwave and DVD players all have timers and thus need clocks.

I suppose the gripe might be that they have clocks that are always on, not just functional when they are being used as timers.

I have an issue with my cell phone. When I want to send someone a text message I have to choose the person, choose the “message” icon then choose whether I want to send them a text, voice or picture message. SRSLY!? There are three other ways to do the latter two why can’t there be a quick way to just send a text?

I’m painting a lot right now and I’m reminded again how much I dislike the ArtBin holding my paint. It has numerous removable smaller containers that are just too small to hold anything I use, and they just take up space inside where I need it.

I’d buy a new one but I’d rather buy more paint (or a giant easel).

No, I really need that stupid “Input” button they’re always hiding.