What ELSE do you do in your bathroom?

Besides bathroom stuff. Read? Sex? Invest in stocks on your laptop?

Well, since my roommate and I share a single room and phone, we use it as a ‘private’ phone booth. Its the only way to have a conversation without being overheard, barring walking out into the hallway. This is only possible due to the wireless phone. There is no way I could possibly fit the laptop in the closet sized bathroom short of ripping out the walls. Yeah, there is reading material in there, but its mostly older magazines and such. My real library (The Straight Dope collections, of course) is on the bookshelf. So its mostly used as directed. Someone down the hall does use it as an extra bedroom, though…

When I was young, I used to lock myself in the bathroom as an attempt to protect myself from my parents. It, aside from my parents’ room and the other 3 bathrooms, was the only rooms with a lock, and was basically my haven until they had calmed down. So, when they were angry, I’d run to it. For a few months it more or less became my bedroom because I’d spend 4 or 5 nights a week sleeping in there.

I used to imagine living in that bathroom full-time… How I would get some bedding, and turn the tub into a lovely bed, maybe throw a beanbag chair in one corner, and put a sheet over the toilet, so it could be an attractive chair. I’d store my clothing in the drawers, my dry goods in the cabinet beneath the sink, and get an ice chest to stow away the perishables. I had the decor all planned out, too.

Lately though, it’s become my third closet. When my other two are filled with so many clothes that I can’t squeeze in one more shirt, it gets hung up on one of the towel racks.

-Lanna

Gotta have shit reading…

Yer pal,
Satan

Satan’s right got to have reading, I hape a bookself for just reson in the bathroom. And in a pinch the laptop comes with me…

Unforgiven

Man, and here all along I’ve been trying to do it with tea leaves…

Read, and hope that the chapter doesn’t get so good that I spend extra time in there.

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Heheh, good one Flysyde. This might interest you Lanna: I saw a special on 20-20 or something where a guy actually DID live in his parents bathroom. I think he had obsessive-compulsive disorder. His parents had to shove everything through the crack under the door to him, including food. He did this because he was afraid of becoming “contaminated” by the outside world. I was thinking that the bathroom was the LAST place I’d go if I didn’t want to become “contaminated”.

“The world is not five hours old and evil has already entered it” - Aslan
The Magician’s Nephew

Weird place for someone to live. I love to go in and hve long hot baths with the lights out and candles burning… otherwise… definitely reading. There is something about relaxing in there with a good book while receiving ring around the bum.

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Hi Sue !

" receiving ring around the bum "

Errrrrmmm what does that mean ? jou no im a furrennor sowe now go ant explian htis too my !

Would I enjoy it ? What bodyparts does it involve ? The Works.

Inquiring minds, etc.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

And now, folks, I present to you…

Coldfire, Master of All Things Anal!!!

Just a joke, C-fire. Ya know, with all the felching jokes you’ve been the ahem butt of.

I presume she’s talking about the ring you get when you sit on the crapper-you know, from the seat.

Or rimming. Whichever.

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

you mean that isn’t the usual bathroom stuff? :wink:

I generally just use the toilet, or shower. I like to be really comfy when I read, and the toilet seat isn’t comfy enough for me.
(Note to Dopers: The phrase “have sex” is interchangable with the word “read” in the previos paragraph)

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Flypsyde,

I, for one, think you’re being really anal about all this :slight_smile:

Yeah, the ring around your butt when having a long dump, I get it now.

And there I thought it was another sexual thing - talk about Freudian eh ?

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Ring around the Bum: condition which commonly occurs after reading 3 or more chapters in one sitting.
Symptoms: consist of a bright red ring around the buttocks and upper thighs, slight pain in walking.
Treatment: lie down on the bed and continue reading until at least chapter 9.

Hope this helps out Cold!!

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

I can recall a couple mornings where the wife’s and my horniness quotient were in sync, but our daughter was awake and watching TV down the hall. Into the bathroom we went, turned on the noisy fan, and had some fun. I like sharing a bathroom.

Sing. Badly.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

Scarred: I figured there had to be one.
In my house the bathroom I use is the only place you can lock. I’ve wrapped presents in there once or twice.

The Man Show also once had a guy who would do anything if you paid him to. He had breast implants when he was on the show.

He also related a story of being paid (several hundred dollars, I think) to live in the bathroom for a really long period of time (had to be at least a month).

The worst part, he said, was that the same guy who was paying him was paying other guys to go in and USE the bathroom at the same time! Yes, number two!

(just had to contribute that)

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

I like gypsy’s comment regarding what occurs ‘‘in a pinch.’’

In a pinch, I usually just sit there. :wink:

Apparently, a lot more shaving of body regions goes on in bathrooms than I realized. But I guess all body care qualifies as normal bathroom stuff.

Sheesh.

An evocative thread and I still flunk out.

Well, does washing the dog count? She hops in the tub, ears down, eyes reproachful and lets me do the dreaded “bath thing”. Then she bounds out, blissfully spraying water off her fur in finest retriever fashion.

Follows: I scrub down every inch of the bathroom, while the wooofer frisks around. The I fill the ol’ clawfoot tub w/ about 2’ of hot water, pour some wine, light some candles and drizzle on the bath goop (Jessica McClintock; lily of the valley) and let the day roll off.

It’s bliss. The woofer snoozes on bath mat, under the heat register, I soak in hot soak water and soft light, and just turn the brain off.

What am I doing here? Hey, off to the tub…

Veb