What emotion best describes your feelings about Trump's victory/presidency?

What the hell do you think The Trump Organization is? He’s more beholden to that than any corporation.

Since I do not think that “suck it up, buttercup” is the right way to respond to your fellow human beings’ well-justified fears about the future, I went with “horror.”

Also because this jackass (to be clear, I mean the Prezelect, not asahi) is already a total horror show.

Trump tweeted once that Obama was in the pockets of Exxon (Not by much and not very effective for them), now Exxon has Trump in the sack. (Or at least the Exxon view of the world)

I feel all of the negative ones, the bottom six, but shames wins out today. Once he starts exercising power, that will probably change.

Which of these do you find the most elating:
The prospect of millions of people losing their health insurance?
Enormous tax cuts for the rich resulting in multi-trillion dollar deficits?
Sending our youth into battle over a tweet that hurt the man-child’s feelings?
Acceleration of global warming and the destruction of the ecosystem?

Because he would not have been running against Mrs. Clinton in the general election.

No, I’m not going to watch any nutcase conspiracy theory film. (You didn’t supply a link because it’s so seekrit?) I quite enjoyed Person of Interest–but it’s fiction. Your fear of President Obama & Ms Clinton is ridiculous. Your trust in Trump is pitiable.

Hint: Learn to use italics or boldface or underlining. They’re easy here–no HTML required. ALL CAPS will not improve the power of your message.

His election was embarrassing.
His repeated full-puckered kissing of Putin’s Ass is shameful.
*MIME version

What kind of bizarro world are you living in? Trump has been a corporate executive his entire adult life. There’s probably never been an administration that was more owned by corporate interests.

Correct. A better way to put it would be that there has probably never been an administration that was less owned by outside corporate interests.

But that said, why do you care? Trump doesn’t deal in arms and he isn’t polluting any rivers. He isn’t financing mortgages or dealing in arms or cutting down trees or drilling for oil or any of the other things that make life as we know it possible but liberals rail against. Do you really think the country or its economy is going to be damaged somehow because of Trump might put up more office buildings, hotels and golf courses?

It’s worth noting also that there’s probably never been an administration less owned or controlled by either party’s power brokers.

Since he’s pretty indifferent to governing and policy, the assumption is the power brokers will actually run the show while he “makes America great again.” We’ll see.

I selected “worry” but not because of the Trump administration. I think we can weather a bad president or two (conceding the worst fears about him).

I’m worried about this recent election being the model for future ones. Heavy manipulation via social media either by direct lies or lies of omission. Textbook confirmation bias in resistance to debunking the stories. Worst case, government by the ones who tell their lies first.

Trump worries me. Seriously worries me. The reaction of the American left worries me even more. They simply don’t appear to respect democracy any more - unless the Democrat wins, of course.

Yes, but not in the way you meant. If Americans no longer respect their democracy then America is doomed. American Democrats need to learn tolerance.

Stupid voters have been a concern since the founding of our great nation. The founders called it “mob rule.” We call them deplorable.

I disagree. We would have been fine if Romney had beaten Obama in 2012. Romney preached from the orthodox Bible about tax cuts and trickle down and all, but at least he wasn’t fundamentally evil and he was competent. Now we’ve elected a five year old ADHD boy with proven deep flaws in his character. It isn’t that a Democrat didn’t win, it’s that we’re getting someone more evil than Nixon, more corrupt than Reagan, and dumber than W.

Next thing you know the Democrats will try be making up stories about how Trump wasn’t born in America or they’ll try to impeach him.

Exactly. And yet virtually every Democrat or liberal who has spoken out on the issue so far has declared their intention to double down on their intolerance, because intolerance toward other opinions and viewpoints is the only good, true, non-moronic and non-evil way to proceed apparently. (As on preview is perfectly illustrated by BobLibDem’s post. :p)

I clicked Horror. My family lives in Thailand and my own life is down to its final decade(s), so Fear and Worry are reduced for us. Anger? Who should I be angry at? Hillary’s campaign managers who could have done a better job? Not Trump himself, who ran as a publicity stunt, never imagining that he was qualified or that he would be called upon to serve — remember when many of us were thanking Trump for making Democrat victory more likely? :smack:

I would have picked Sadness or Grief if one those was an option.

I wanted to vote for worried but it’s really shame. Ashamed that the American electorate could be so messed up that they thought The Circus Peanut was the better alternative. Disappointed.

Hey, you should be cheering this outcome. For years, conservatives have been mocking the concept of tolerance as a virtue. Well, good news: you convinced us you were right.