What ever happened to the SD TV Show . . . (petition inside)

. . . and what efforts are underway to bring it back?

I remember Mike Lucas being friggin’ hilarious! What retarded corporate stiff decided to cut it off?

As frequent SDMB riot starter, I think I’ll take a change of pace and kick in a SDMB petition to bring the TV show back:

"Be it resolved that the following posters hereby declare the following:
#1) The Straight Dope Television Show kicked ass.
#2) We want it back.

Signed"

Tripler

Trip
Bring it on, you almighty masses…

I second the nomination!

That’s how I first learnt of the beauty that is The Straight Dope. I can still remember a little blue Mike popping out and saying “phenylethlamine”, and him drinkin large ladelfuls delicious chocolate.

jb

I’ll third that, simply because I never saw it! WAH!

Having never had the chance to enjoy the rapture of the original show, I feel that it is my duty to add my name to this petition.

Rock on, Straight Dope, rock on.

I thought it was a perfectly dreadful show—witless, condescending, cutesy. I was delighted to see it bite the dust; and if it does come back, I certainly hope it’s with a whole new creative team.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Tripler *

"Be it resolved that the following posters hereby declare the following:
#1) The Straight Dope Television Show kicked ass.
#2) We want it back.

Signed"

Tripler, jb_farley, Falcon, Jester, and Eve (I’ll take that as a signature) . . .

Tripler
I will deliver this to A&E myself! In person!

I’m pretty sure I have a couple of episodes on some unlabeled tapes somewhere… damn my laziness and lack of label making!
jb

I only saw 1/2 of one episode, but I would like to see more.

Here’s another sig for you.
I loved that show, but like Farley I have a bad habit of not labling tapes. I used to tape it for my husband, so I know that I have some around here somewhere.

Late, late one Sunday night as i lay in my parents’ home board shitless i happened to catch the Straight Dope…

My life was changed, then and there.

Since that wonderful evening my life and mind have been filled in ways i’d never know possible with the answers to questions i’d never even thought to ask.

If i could catch sight of that show again, even for half a gloried minute, i could die a happy, all the more enlightened man.
Upham (remembering the Glory Days)

I agree with EVE. It was a stupid show; a busy, noisy half-hour of a guy simply reading old “Straight Dope” columns as if they were something new! We already have “The Straight Dope” column…where’s the need for a lousy TV show?