What feast will you be preparing this Easter Sunday?

I have to leave town on business tomorrow, so we had Easter today.
Double smoked ham
Deviled eggs
Brocoli
Baked yams with marshmellows on top
Rolls and butter
Lemon merangue pie
Rubarb pie

We’re having guests over and I’m making a mini chinese banquet. We’re having:

• Jasmine tea
  • Velvet chicken and sweet corn soup
  • Prawn crackers
  • Deep fried pork wontons
  • Fried rice
  • Stuffed steamed buns
  • Beef and vege stir fry
  • Sweet and sour pork

and a fruit platter for dessert. Oh, and fortune cookies of course! :slight_smile:

I’m excited! I’ve been preparing for the last two days. Such fun! I have a new apron and it’s getting a lot of use.

I am doing what I do every Sunday (it’s not taking over the world, unfortunately)
Baked Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Buttermilk Biscuits
Green Beans
Mmmm-mmmm-mmm!

Pasta primavera. It’s spring. We’re vegetarians. It kinda goes without saying.

I called my cousins Down South and asked them what they were having:

Me to my cousin betty from alabama What are you all gonna have for Easter Dinner?

Cousin betty As cheap as my Husband is, probably leftovers from last easter :eek: with his stingy ass. :smiley:

Me to my cousin Fred What are you all gonna have?

** Cousin Fred** Aww, we’s gonna have lots of stuff

• Fried Hog Ball

• Deep fried Horse Bellies

• Roasted Possum Backs

• Saute’d Snake heads

• Big bowl of Chicken eyes

And a martini…shaken, not stirred :rolleyes:

Me to my cousin Frank What are you all gonna have?

Cousin Frank Well, I got my shotgun all loaded up, if I see dat easter bunny, we’s gonna have HIM fo easter dinner :eek: Don’t yall just love wabbit :smiley:

…and they wonder why I’m sticking to Captain Crunch

I’ll probably have some of my chocolate easter egg. I may even make a sandwich. Although I doubt it, It’s 11:04am here, and I’ve only just had breakfast.

Easter is my favorite holiday dinner. My mother’s side is Greek and we always have chicken kapama. Man, that’s good stuff… and I always make it just like Grandma used to. We’re also having roasted leg o’ lamb, spanokopita, fresh green beans, roasted new potatoes, deviled eggs, and salad. Throw in some kalamata olives and good feta cheese & we’re done. Gonna be a yum fest. :slight_smile:

My house smells of turkey baking…

I also forgot to tell y’all that we are having pickle wraps, ( I hope they make it to dinner time so the guests can actually have some ), apple crisp and deviled eggs.

Leftover Beef Stroganoff (Hamburger Helper) and a Diet Vanilla Coke. Yum.

I’m only a couple of hours away from putting the leg of lamb in the oven :slight_smile:

I also added devil eggs and sparkling cider ot the menu, Time for the elastic pants to come on.

Likewise. In my case, I’m making Mina de Carne, a sort of meat pie with ground beef, mashed potatoes, onions, celery, and matzoh. It’s a Sephardic Pesach dish that my family has taken a liking to. It’s similar to a shepherd’s pie, I suppose, but without any vegetables other than the onion and celery.

Buffet pants!!!

I am in the middle of letting this bread rise for the fifth and final time.

I knew, going in to it, that there was one place where I’d have to let it rise for 10 hours - no big deal, I thought. What I failed to notice, while scanning the recipe quickly, was the two times I’d need to let it rise for 3 hours each, and the two short rises.

Also, I don’t actually own a dough hook, which made it interesting (I thought a normal blender would work… ha). No clue how it’s going to taste - but they’d better eat the stuff.

Luckily, all I’m doing is this bread - so … at least I’m not going nuts trying to do everything else.

It seems really mean to melt the Peeps between graham crackers.

On the other hand, it’s okay to bite their heads off. Hmmm . . .

I’m cooking dolmades to go with my SO’s moussaka (he made it yesterday 'cause he had to work today, but it tastes better warmed up anyhow), along with Greek potatoes (to continue the Greek theme, and pastel deviled eggs.

Which I will be too stuffed myself to eat on account of having had a chocolate bunny ear, two turtles, and one peep (eaten whole, the humane way).

I grew up on Cap’n Crunch and M&Ms for Easter Breakfast and Ham with all the other stuff for lunch…

Now I’m married and we spend Easter with my husband’s family. They eat the traditional Polish/Russian fare:

cold kielbasa
farmer’s cheese
hardboiled eggs
raisin and cheese babka
kruschickis
horseradish

for breakfast! :eek:

Actually, I used Gharidelli chocolate carmel squares, which were less messy. And you’re right. The purple bunnies toast up quite nicely.

There are also mini caramel eggs… They aren’t cadbury - I think nestle makes them…

:slight_smile: Yum!

I made:

Boneless leg o lamb marinated in olive oil, rosemary, lemon zest and garlic, rosted in the oven
Grilled asparagus dressed with olive oil and salt and pepper
A nice green salad (spinach, fennel, radishes, cucumber, carrot, green onion with a asian sesame dressing and grated parm cheese

For dessert - Angel food cake with strawberries

We had an Easter Breakfast.
[ul]
[li]Whole-wheat pancakes, with blended pear as a replacement for the egg (last-minute substitution because of allergies)[/li][li]Omlette, with ham and onions (forgot the peppers, and mushrooms were voted down)[/li][li]Ham slices[/li][li]Apple sausage[/li][li]Homemade Sticky Buns[/li][li]Orange-Pineapple-Bananna Juice[/li][/ul]

My husband went in search of the perfect pizza. He came home with the ingredients for me to make homemade salsa and guacamole, chips and a six pack of Corona. I know, sounds more like Cinco De Mayo, but we’ll just do it again then. :cool: