What federal health plans will Kerry give the public access to and how do they work?

While reading Kerry’s policies on healthcare I saw this.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/health_care/

The Kerry-Edwards plan will give every American access to the range of high-quality, affordable plans available to members of Congress and extend coverage to 95 percent of Americans, including every American child
What plan is this exactly? How much does it cost? Are there limitations on who can join? What kind of plan is it (free provider, PPO, HMO, etc)? Will it be partially or totally subsidized?

I haven’t seen specifics, but it appears he is referring to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.

It is a collection of a number of HMOs, PPOs, and other health plans that share costs between Federal employees (including members of Congress) and Uncle Sam. There are a wide range of plans, but generally speaking, it is a very good deal for those who are eligible (like me!).

I have no idea how much it would cost to extend FEHBP to 95% of the population, but it certainly will not be cheap. On the other hand, it is not cheap at all to have large numbers of Americans without insurance, so a rational analysis must involve the cost of doing nothing (not just an enormous price tag).