What happened on Nov 18.

I couldn’t help but notice today that SDMB pages were uncharacteristically popping up really fast after the maintenance shutdown today. I like it. Is this permanent?

There was some really effective maintenance.

Permanent? For now - each supply here seems to create more demand. Board speed has been up, but so has the number of posts.

We’ll see. :slight_smile:

If people would just stop posting, we’d be FINE!!

I’d noticed too. Coincidentally, it happened just as I got a new computer, for my office. What this means, of course, is that I’ll never get anny work done again.

It’s quite interesting sitting in Europe and posting. My mornings are always fine. From about 3 p.m. (8 a.m. in Chicago) things get sluggish, this goes on till around midnight here and speed goes up again. When there’s a holiday in the US or during weekends, I notice slower traffic too. Sp a lot of people access the board at work, obviously.
But this evening, it’s been zipping! Yay.

I thought it was searching we needed to cut out?

Me either. I’m trying to get into a new project this week, and it’s been damned difficult, when it’s been so easy to come here and play.

Am I going to have to start developing some self-discipline? At my age? :eek:

God, me too. I think I’ve made something like 200 posts this week.

Yes, and searching, too. No more posting and searching!

Problem is that whenever they do improve server performance, the benefit of the improvement only lasts a short while, until the demand overcomes it.

shh… Don’t jinx it!

:smiley:

I’m kind of scared to do so, but y’know what, this has lasted a while. I don’t think I’ve had any slowdown, aside from the nightly down time at around 2 AM PST, since then. And even that seems to go by quickly. That or I’m drinking a lot more than I realize. Three cheers to jdavis and the techies!