What happened to "blur spoiler"?

It has disappeared as a menu option. You now have to type in the tags by hand. This change sucks.

It’s there for me.

Click the gear wheel, the option is there.
Highlight the text and click “blur spoiler”.

I’ve never tried to use it before now.

Sometimes I have to scroll down to see it. Sometimes the whole list is visible when I click the cog. But it’s there.

Thanks, I found it now.

Not here.

Eta: wait, it is there if I touch the menu area and slide the options up. So it is just now showing a limited set when there is no reason to not display everything at once.

Is here.

Yeah, it does that in mobile view. The menu list size is restricted, and Blur Spoiler isn’t visible unless you scroll it. That doesn’t happen on desktop.

Not until today it didn’t. Not for me. (I haven’t use the SMDB on anything other than a cell phone for years, never used Discord on a desktop.)

I use a larger font on my phone, and I’ve had to scroll to see all options before. I’d guess there was a recent stylesheet update that forced scrolling for smaller fonts too, so you’re only seeing it now.

Let’s see if I can do this on my first try.

Summary

Not what I expected.

Second Try. Duh, had to pick Blur Spoiler instead of Hide.

They clearly put out an update on Discourse recently, or at least updated it on this board, just within the past couple of days. Because yesterday for the first time I noticed that when I highlight text there is a “copy quote” option I’ve never seen before. It’s appearing both on my desktop browser and on my phone.

I have a pretty decent amount of astigmatism. I don’t need your newfangled gewgaws.

What if you want to see blurry colors?

:nauseated_face: :hot_face: :cold_face: :smiling_imp: :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :lungs: :mountain_biking_man:

I never realized it existed as a menu item. Cool!

this is a test

The change is not brand new.

Here’s a sub-thread of complaint and explanation from ~2 weeks ago. I suspect the difference is when an individual device’s cached copy of some scripts update to current. And I suspect there’s an interaction between device screen size, text size, etc.

Here’s another thread on point from early Nov.

I suspect this thread belongs in Site Feedback since it’s a Discourse technological question, not an rules or mods question.

The OP here may just now be seeing it, but it isn’t new to the rest of us.

I post a lot on current running TV shows and therefore use the spoiler tag often. So it isn’t something that I revist only occasionally and just now noticed. Whatever change couldn’t have reached my phone more than a couple of days ago.

Same here. I just always typed in the {brackets} and text.