What happened to Boyo Jim's new title?

As discussed in this thread and a couple of others that I won’t bother to link to, our own Boyo Jim was the winner of this year’s Bulwer-Lytton contest (hope I spelled that right) for the worst opening line to a story. In honor, he was given the special title “Best of the Worst” under his name, which I think was a great gesture on the part of TPTB.

This morning, though, I noticed that he is back to being a “Member”. Is this due to some board malfunction that reset the title, or was the honor somehow revoked by the mods?

I hope it wasn’t pulled for some stupid reason like, “Now everybody will want a custom title” or something similar.

I didn’t change it; I was going to leave it another week or so.

One of the other admins?

As far as custom titles for other people, show us a compelling reason and we’ll consider it.

Cecil never turned down a double sawbuck, far as I know. :slight_smile:

FWIW there is a movement over here to declare Asimovian the Bacon Pope for service above and beyond the call of duty in alerting the SDMB to the existence of Bacon Salt.

Heh. Don’t tempt me. I may break down and order some Bacon Salt. One of my friends is a confirmed Bacon Saltaholic now. I asked him if he put it on his cereal and he said, “Um. . . you know, that would be good.” I’m now imagining he eats Honey Bunches of Pork for breakfast as it would be terrible with Froot Loops, now wouldn’t it?

Actually it looks like the system may have automatially changed Boyo Jim’s user title; it sweeps the database on schedule looking for expired subscriptions. One of the things it does is check member status and change user titles accordingly. I suspect that’s what happened here, just hadn’t seen that in a while.

So I’ll just change it back and we’ll go on with this goodness for a while.

Trust me it’s that good. cereal, I am not sure about. But hash browns, eggs, popcorn, veggies I am very sure about.

Put your hand in the hand of the vegetarian pork-lover’s seasoning.

Oh thank you thank you thank you, Rick, for that link! Just read the thread and ordered my own three-pack.
Crouches by mailbox, drooling hopefully

It’s Back to “Best of the Worst” now.

Is there a compelling reason not to let the person keep it for life? I believe this is the practice on most other boards that do that kind of thing.

I am still overwhelmed by the difference one lousy sentence can make. I am also kind of shocked by my sadly deficient powers of observation.

I didn’t know the new title had been bestowed upon me until someone asked me about it, and even then I didn’t understand the question.

I also didn’t notice the new title had disappeared, and has apparently been restored, until seeing this thread in the last couple of minutes. Actually, I won’t know for sure if it’s restored until I post this and see what comes out.

New title, old title, whatever – I am honored to be associated with the SDMB. I have some concern the unique title might prove to be a distration, a de facto hijack whenever I post as members drop the thread discussion at hand and wonder where my title came from and how they can get one. If that turns out to be problematic, I will ask that it be returned to the previous innocuous title.

So long as you don’t ban me, you can call me whatever you want.

BTW, would it be worth anything to the SDMB to promote that one of their own is the world’s worst writer? So far, besides the name recognition, all I’ve gotten out of this contest is one free breakfast – I’m supposed to get a $250 prize but I haven’t seen it yet.

I’m thinking, er… fee waiver in exchange for using my RL ID? Damn, but I’m a shitty negotiator. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why not let him keep the title? This one is well-earned!

Let’s take this offline, Jim. Send me an email and my people will get in touch with your people. No lunch, though. :slight_smile:

Why not make the title a hyperlink, so it will be self-explanatory. (if Vb allows it)

Don’t think I can make it a hyperlink. Jim will just have to be a man of mystery to those who are Not Yet In The Know. Then he can enlighten them. Ignorance fighting in action!

Unless someone like Ed tells me to change it back to plain ol’ “Membr” I intend to leave it for . . . oh, the next 360 days or so.

Tuba You rock. That is way cool.
:smiley:

I just hope Boyo Jim does something even more prestigous, like win the Pulitzer Prize.

What makes you think that’s more prestigious?
Right on, TubaDiva. The man earned his place. And see? His adorable befuddled way of seeing the world is evidenced by his own post in here.

He didn’t even know…–shakes head slowly in admiration-- Would that I were that adorably befuddled.

:smiley: