What Happened To The Card Table?

target.com says that all three of the locations in Chicago proper have the" folding table - black" in stock. Exactly what I’ve always called a card table.

Try buying a money clip.

My parents ALWAYS had a card table. They also always had a set of TV trays.

Neither was ever used for its name.

I bought one last week, in Hogaria (half price too!). The tray comes off to be used as a lap tray, too.

Try Macy’s, they still carry them or of course any of dozens of places online.

Thanks for the tip. I actually live in Chicago, the city and don’t have a car. I’m not going to be able to carry it on a lot of busses. I went to Big Lots in the city and they don’t have card tables there.

I think part of the issue may be that city stores don’t have as much of a variety. Oh well, maybe I can check out a thrift shop or something. I guess people don’t use the folding table like they did when I was a kid. Every house had one. Another childhood memory gone LOL :slight_smile:

That’s funny…because I did :slight_smile: Last spring I went EVERYwhere looking for a money clip. Boy, did I feel old. I felt like I was asking them to fill up my Model T with petroleum distillate. But I travel a lot, and I don’t like taking my entire wallet with me. I finally ended up at Macy’s.

I was in a hurry, or I might have looked online.

You went shopping because you didn’t have time to look online? Yowza, as if you didn’t need another reason to feel old. I SAID YOU DIDN’T NEED ANOTHER REASON TO FEEL OLD. NOW EAT YOUR OATMEAL AND THEN WE’LL PLAY BINGO, OKAY?

Where in the city do you live? I could pick you up one (I go to the Target in Skokie at least once a week) and meet you someplace. They’re only like $30 so I don’t mind covering it. This is the table I got there.

Know any older people who look like they might play canasta? Offer then a few bucks for their card table. They’ll know how to find themselves a replacement, tout de suite.

While you’re looking for that card table, do me a favor and look around for those molded plastic freezer mugs? They used to be everywhere, and the only ones I find online are about $12 each with football team names emblazoned on them. … I received a hot tip that the Dollar Store might still have some, but by the time I get there, they’ll be put away to make room for back-to-school stuff.

The first, good, money clip I ever bought was at Radio Shack. Sold as a replacement garage door opener car visor clip. Held a nicely sized wad of bills.

The one I carry now is this, big wad o’ bills and no more wallet!

CMC fnord!

If only there were a place you could download songs instantaneously at home in your underwear. I just bought about 5 albums online: easy peasy. Now I’ll have to wait an hour or so until they all download. I’d be back from the record store and listening by now if they had all the albums there. It would be faster and less spendy than the extra bandwidth I’d have to pay to download them faster which I only use once a month anyway.

And they’d have to let you listen to them beforehand (used CD stores so, AND don’t have a 10 second or so delay between tracks). So yeah, if there were a physical record store you could listen to stuff beforehand and had every single album available, I’d drive up to 5 miles for it.

Sometimes, certain products just… vanish for a while. Once, years ago, I looked everywhere for my favourite (or any) 5-millimetre graph paper notebooks, and couldn’t find them anywhere on God’s earth. When I finally found them again, I bought ten of them.

More recently, I was looking everywhere for filing cabinets. Same story - couldn’t find any decent, standard letter-sized four-drawer hanging cabinets. Of course, as soon as they turned up, I ran out of money.

Thanks very kind of you, but I can just order it off the Internet and get it delivered. But that was very nice of you to offer. I guess there are nice people in the world :slight_smile:

Smirk :smiley: