What happened to the world's formerly longest fingernails?

Here is a picture of the Guinness Book of World Records winner for “longest fingernails.”

The last time I looked into Guinness, which I’ll admit was probably 1990, the record-holder was a photographer from India. His fingernails curled into spirals, and he grew them long on only his left hand. I think they were a lot more impressive than this chick’s. What happened to them? Did she outgrow him, did he cut his off, did he die?

You mean, you didn’t bid on them? ?

[QUOTE=Sattua]
Here is a picture of the Guinness Book of World Records winner for “longest fingernails.”

The last time I looked into Guinness, which I’ll admit was probably 1990, the record-holder was a photographer from India. His fingernails curled into spirals, and he grew them long on only his left hand. I think they were a lot more impressive than this chick’s. What happened to them? Did she outgrow him, did he cut his off, did he die?
[/QUOTE]

Good Lord, that lady’s gonna give me nightmares! :eek:

I remember the Indian guy. My guess would be that he cut his nails after getting into the record books. It’s got to be a huge inconvenience to have nails that long and unweildy.

Dang! I only missed the auction by six years!

I need to pay closer attention to these things.

Am I the only one wondering what the lady in the linked picture does for a living? I can’t think of anything a person could do with her time with nails that long. Even eating would be a chore. The Indian fellow at least had one useable hand.

What she does for a living? Heck, I was just wondering how she eats and goes to the bathroom.

[QUOTE=Diceman]
Good Lord, that lady’s gonna give me nightmares! :eek:
[/QUOTE]

You can pick your friends.

You can pick your nose.

But you cannot pick your friend’s nose.
However, this lady can do it! From a distance, too!

:smiley:

[QUOTE=dangermom]
What she does for a living? Heck, I was just wondering how she eats and goes to the bathroom.
[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall hearing that she was a hairdresser.

[QUOTE=Jayn_Newell]
I seem to recall hearing that she was a hairdresser.
[/QUOTE]

How? She can’t massage a scalp or wash the shampoo through someone’s hair. Wielding scissors would mean she’s close to putting someone’s eye out with those talons!