What happens to the QAnon movement now-- do they mutate & move the goalposts, or die out?

The sad thing is, when QAnon believers (or any trumpers for that matter) troll the ‘lefties’ they think they’re being clever.

Eh, sounds like a typical weekend at Epstein’s.

You don’t feed them, the are the food.

Just like the mice sold at the herpetarium pet store, they are the food … once delivered to the customer. Before that the pet store needs to feed them.

Right now the Ever Given’s cargo of kids is still at the metaphorical pet store. What the buyers do later is not their concern. But for now the merchandise needs to be fed and watered.

It’s like when the post office slowed down deliveries, and 4-H groups were getting boxes of dead chicks in the mail.

The local TV news is mentioning that (part of?) the cargo is toilet paper. Argh. Look for the stores to run out of toilet paper as people rush to stock up again.

You did the MATH?

:slight_smile:

I"ve always thought that Q started off as "How much insane shit can I say and get right wingers to believe? After a month he was like “Woah, that’s a lot! How far can I push this?” And that leads us to now, where there is nothing, NOTHING too crazy or outlandish for this right wing nutbar crowd.

I’m waiting to see if the final phase is to convince the QAnon folks that Big Pharma is preventing them from consuming drain cleaner, because that is the secret to eternal life… Poof, goodbye to a bunch of crazies.

In one of this season’s episodes of Solar Opposites, Yumyulack is going around shooting people with a ray gun that gives them the ability to read. A couple of cops show up. He shoots one of them, and after experiencing the sudden surge in intelligence, the cop screams “Oh God, I can read? What if I gain empathy? What if I learn things that force me to re-evaluate my conservative hard-line opinions?”

OK, QAnoners can read, but it was either this or one of the other conservative-bashing threads here and I was lazy.

Yeah, that’s sorta’ my opinion, too. Some people just started trolling and the whole thing picked up steam. It’s like an uglier version of the Flat Earthers: there are some true believers, a lot of trollers, and the rest are just along for the ride.

Plus of course the monetizers who are just there to fleece the crowd. Which makes the originators all the more eager to grow the crowd since they get a cut.

That number is eerily close to the number of so called deaths that the Dems claim happened under Trumps watch due to the Chinese virus. Connect the dots people!

I dunno. One just has to looks at any of the myriad conspiracy theory threads on the board to establish people really can develop some ludicrous theories.

I’m more inclined to believe the crazier stuff is legitimate and not trolling while the less obviously insane stuff might be trolling. It’s ridiculously hard to make up crazier CTs than they make up themselves. Try it - some bit of rationality and lucidity end up sneaking in while you’re not paying attention.

Poe’s Law has its limits.

You’re saying that CTers are open to proof?

Dan

They are open to non-contradictory proof.

Also similar to the number of Elect in the Apocalypse. So obviously they kidnapped the children who Satan told them would be the saviors of humanity to prevent Jesus’s return.

I saw a few minds changed regarding 9/11 on the IMDb boards. One in particular did not leave the Truth Movement but decided Alex Jones is full of bullshit and to stop listening to him.

Phooey! CTsINO!

For what it’s worth, there is a six part documentary on HBO about investigating Q, and it lays out a solid, though not 100% conclusive, argument that Q is just the Indonesian pig farmer father/son conmen who own the board (8chan) that “Q” posts to.

I’ve been posting this link for a while now. The links embedded in the story are also worth a view. There does seem to be sone disagreement as to whether the father or the son is most responsible.

Laughing at them may be a hilarious pastime, and if you feel there is little you can do to stop the crazy then laughter is a good defence, however the Q Cult has its victims and no doubt there will be future casualties too - what happens when everything you set store in turns out to be false - like a problem gambler you keep investing, rationalising, or if you get lucky you start to become aware - and thats also a hard road too.