What has happened here?

Can someone tell me what this is about? http://boardstest.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=489443

If the OP has been removed, why has my relationship to the thread not also been deleted? :confused:

Link doesn’t work? What thread was it?

You probably caught the thread in mid-deletion. Best to PM a mod.

It was an anti-Obama rant, albeit an unimaginative one, and as it was a first post, I advised that placing it in Comments On Staff Reports might see it moved. Should I have just reported it?

Probably- the mods seem to prefer giving those types of advice (interpretation of board policies) out themselves.

It wasn’t just an anti-Obama rant, the initial posts were spam (copied from a site and broadcast all about.) I’m not sure exactly what happened, ivan, it looks like the spammer got banned and his posts got disappeared, but for some reason your responses were left behind for a bit. They have now also been moved out of sight, out of mind since they’re irrelevant with the OP gone.

Apparently moving it was done leaving a “redirect” in place, which (I hope) you can’t access. Alas, once it’s done that way, I don’t think it can be undone. The “redirect” will just float to the bottom after a few months.

Sorry for the confusion.

It can and has. :smiley:

The OP was a spammer, and posted the same rant to two forums. I banned him but didn’t realize anyone had responded to one of his thread, so they stayed when his posts were vanished.

ivan. You are “collateral damage.” :slight_smile:

Damn, that’s the nicest thing anyone has said about me yet. :slight_smile:

I take it back, then. :smiley:

Cool! Live and learn, that’s a new feature of the new boards. Thanks, G