What is a show/movie theory that you came up with?

(Youtube) SuperCarlinBrothers [Pixar Theory] (2018)(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgpJPVoDZf8) Basically, all Pixar movies are in the same universe and are all related.

Speak of Doctor Who: Gallifreyans/Time Lords are humans.

To start with the obvious, Time Lords are externally indistinguishable from Earth humans. But there’s more.

In the Fox Doctor Who TV movie, The Doctor says he’s half-human. Even though it was Fox, that Doctor has now been firmly established in the continuity of the BBC series. We all know that The Doctor lies, but it would be really out of character for him to lie just to get into a companion’s pants, so there must be something to that statement.

The Doctor’s Daughter, created by space magic cloning technology, apparently really is half-human. So Time Lord and human DNA are apparently compatible. Which, sure, space magic, and space opera conventions, but it’s still…interesting.

River Song has Time Lord DNA. She’s of entirely human descent, but she was conceived while in the Time Vortex. So, humans conceived in the Time Vortex gain Time Lord DNA. This, to me, is the clincher.

Also, at the End of Universe, the human species is splitting into subspecies. Some humans (or at least a Time Lord in disguise as a human) are trying to create technology to escape the heat death of the universe. We know that humans gain access to, although not master of, time travel by the 51st Century, looong before then.

So, a group of humans escapes the heat death at the End of the Universe by time travelling back to the Big Bang, in a colony ship. Children conceived during this transition are exposed in utero to the energies of both the Time Vortex and the Big Bang. The result: Time Lords.

This explains a lot about The Doctor, as well. He has no use for authority, and boundless curiosity. We know that he’s peered into the Time Vortex and seen…something.

Time Lords are forbidden from viewing or travelling to their own history, either their personal history or the history of their people (I don’t know if I’m making that part up or if that’s something I half-remember from the show). The Doctor doesn’t care about the rules, so he looks into the Time Vortex and sees the truth - Time Lords are actually far-future-deep-time-shifted humans, the descendants of Home Sapiens of Earth.

With this knowledge, that he’s “half-human”, he becomes inordinately fascinated by his distant ancestors. He constantly observes them, interacts with their history, takes them as companions, tries to help them, tries to guide them away from the worst aspects of the Time Lords without creating paradoxes that will erase the Time Lords - and The Doctor - from the time stream.

He knows what we humans will eventually become, so he always hopes, and expects, us to be better than we often are, and it’s always a bitter disappointment to him when we don’t live up to his expectations.

I posted this theory long before 2018. Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to find my previous post on Discourse’s search feature.

Was it this?

That’s it. Your search skills are clearly superior to mine.

In your face, SuperCarlinBrothers!

From Schwarzenegger movies:

John Matrix from Commando is the same person as “Dutch” Schaefer from Predator , Harry Tasker / Harry Renquist from True Lies, and “Trench” Mauser from The Expendables.

Some of the names are cover identities for his covert work.

It was established on Seinfeld that when he was younger, Kramer served “not too long” in the military. Assuming he was born around 1960, this would place his enlistment around 1978.

I believe he was subjected to some sort of classified chemical warfare or weird mind-control experiment from which he only partially recovered. He was given a medical discharge with a pension, plus a large lump sum in compensation for damages and to ensure his silence on the matter.

This explains his erratic behavior, his bizarre thought processes, his spastic movements, why he always seems to have plenty of money even though he doesn’t work, and why he can never hold down a job even when he wants to.

Mad Max movies are a bunch of ‘future legends’ - all told about the same character and point in time, but by wildly differing tellers, at some point further into the future.
Sort of like Robin of Sherwood, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and Robin Hood: Men in Tights are all stories about Robin Hood, but are all rather different in approach, with different people playing the same character.

I also take the “Shady” in “Shady Rest” to mean “Clandestine,” “Dodgy,” “Not Kosher.” :shushing_face:

I like this one.
My theory is that each of the Terminator movies and TV shows take place in parallel universes.

In Ghostbusters, the guys forgot to go back and trap the library ghost. During the time between them developing the trap and when Walter Peck shut down the containment system, the library ghost continued to wreck havoc on unsuspecting readers, escaping the fate that Slimer and the other ghosts suffered. She didn’t disappear until the end of the movie when Stay Puft is defeated.

In which we discover that Mary Ann was a highly trained MI6 operative who was keeping the others captive for security reasons. Only the professor became aware of her status, when she told him about the KGB operatives that he had been unknowingly been working with which would leave him exposed to CIA rendition, so he facilitated her subtle subterfuges that we never noticed. Mr. Howell was obviously a threat to certain industries, and without his guidance, his businesses were easily prevented from being a problem. Ginger was a serious security risk to the US government because of her acquaintance with a variety of Senators and Secretaries. Jonas Grumby had been dismissed from a major shipping company and had damaging knowledge of their operations that would have been exposed in a particular active lawsuit. And Gilligan’s friends were terrorists who kept getting stymied by his bumbling: by removing him from their midst, the organization would be able to move forward with their schemes, resulting in the group becoming known and prosecutable.

This isn’t a theory. It’s stated outright in both Road Warrior and Fury Road (I can’t remember if Beyond Thunderdome does it).

This also isn’t a theory. It’s established in T2, and then reinforced in T3, Genisys, Dark Fate, and the television show.

They were called “Browncoats.” Brownshirts were the SA paramilitary thugs in early Nazism.

The similar names strongly lends credence to your theory.

Yes, Alan Alda’s character on ER absolutely read to me as an aging Hawkeye falling into dementia.

It makes absolute sense on Friends that Phoebe would speak French. Phoebe mentioned on the episode “The One with Phoebe’s ex-Partner” that her mother worked on a barge, and Phoebe basically lived on the barge with her (it’s how she met Leslie, her ex-partner).

There are barge routes that run from New York to Quebec. If Phoebe spent a significant amount of her childhood traveling to and from Quebec (this would be back when you didn’t need a passport to travel between the US and Canada), and possibly interacted with barge workers who were Quebecois, it makes perfect sense that she would speak French fluently.

Wreak havoc.

James Bond is largely a distraction. He’s the “blunt instrument” they send in to fuck shit up and tell his targets just how pissed Her Majesty is at the target. Although skilled at spycraft his main job is to perform the coup de grace after all the useful intel has been extracted.
He uses his real name and calls attention to himself so that the bad guys are consumed with dealing with the real threat that he poses,
Meanwhile the REAL spies are doing the real intelligence work on the mission and are far less likely to be noticed. If anything, 007 will get the credit/blame.

I have several theories, most mutally contradictory, about The Prisoner.

1. It’s a suicide metaphor. He “resigned” from life itself. This is his afterlife.

2. The Butler is actually Number One.

3. He got himself sent there on purpose. He’d heard some rumor, some whisper, of “The Village,” and prepared the way for his own kidnapping, specifically to get inside, where he could investigate and, in the end, destroy the place.

4. From the four-part DC comic book sequel, the rocket is an ICBM, and The Village is a nuclear power, having only a handful of weapons, but enough to be players in the Great Game.

5. It’s too late. The Village actually runs the whole world. The world is The Village, and we’re all prisoners.

Remember Sophie Aldred? Her character, definitely a human, was supposed to go to Gallifrey to attend the Prydonian academy and train to be a Time Lord, but the episodes were never produced. Still, it proves the show’s producers considered it canonical that a human could study to be a Time Lord, just like a Gallifreyan.