What is Diogenes the Cynic's Condition Called

Expert.

Technically correct, you said that everyone who wants to pass is speeding.

Stand by that statement?

Stranger, great post. I think you nailed it.

I believe the condition is called: There Hasn’t Been A Dio Pit Thread This Month Yet, I’d Better Start One - itis.

Yep. Of course, the full context of the thread makes it plain that I was talking about passing vehicles already going the speed limiter or faster.

You know who the real assholes are? The ones who Pit someone without giving any examples, and who link to a five-page thread and expect everyone else to go hunting through it to work out what the fuck the OP is talking about.

Hint for future reference: if someone says to you “why do I get the feeling you’re a child molester?” You probably don’t want to respond “because I am.” Context notwithstanding.

Within the context of the thread we where also talking about keeping up with the flow of traffic. And those that camp in the left hand lane going slower than the flow are impeding traffic and causing a dangerous situation.

Nit picking that are speeding does not help your argument one bit.

Around here, the left lane is always full anyway. It’s not like they’re really ever open. They have full lines of traffic in them. They don’t function as passing only lanes. We have slow lanes, and slightly less slow lanes.

Nonsense. They are quite illogical. He can’t claim a total black and white stance on one law (speeding), while taking the opposite approach to another (overtaking vehicles in the left lane). Not only does he fail to take a black and white approach to the latter, he actually disregards it totally. That’s not just illogical, it’s idiotic.

But what really bugs the shit out of people who come across these threads is the inanity of it all. Its pretty obvious that our interstate highway system would come to a screeching halt if we were all governed at 55mph. The efficient use of these roads is actually dependent upon some people going over the speed limit, and it also depends upon slower people getting out of their way. The OP of the linked thread was inquiring about the best way to deal with slower drivers who refuse to move, and Dio pops in with an idiotic point that was needlessly nitpicky and irrelevant to the purpose of the thread. Not only was he being a jerk, but he was hijacking the fuck out of the thread, to the tune of 4 or 5 pages.

Thanks for pointing me to yet another great Dio show. I love his pit threads!

It’s a five-page thread and Dio is involved, an indication that he’s been making blanket statements that are demonstrably false again.

That sums it up quite nicely. Mods couldn’t even deflect him away from it. I think it’s still going on. Just stupidly hilarious at this point.

The best part was him disregarding a link to his own state’s website, that gives the raw text of the keep right law. It took about 20 posts to get him to sort of, kind of, admit that his state has a law that seems like it says you should not stay in the left land if other traffic wants to pass you. But it doesn’t count anyway because it’s “not enforced”.

If it were still January we could poke him a bit by pointing out that statutory rape laws are also not frequently enforced. Pity I wouldn’t be able to tell what his response would be though.

It’s all a part of the service; no extra charge. Now please remain in your seats with your seatbelts fastened until the thread comes to a complete and grinding halt.

Stranger

No, they are.

This should be on a shirt - hell, I’d buy one…for, um, a friend. :wink:

One example:
Dio stated that nobody ever has been pulled over for impeding traffic in the left lane. Ever. It doesn’t happen.

While the Wa State Patrol says it happened 10,000 times in 2010.
Your reading comprehension of that thread and subsequent post in this thread is similar to that of Dio’s. Which is pretty entertaining.

That never happens.