What is it with this fucktrumpet and Matt Shepard? He obsessed or something?

Eww… Gay death orgy!

“Mr. Phelps, as always, if either you or any of your erection team are caught or killed, the attorney general will dissavow any knowledge of your actions…”

We’re talking about a man who came to Pittsburgh to demonstrate at a memorial service for FRED ROGERS!
I mean, come on, if Mister Rogers is in hell, what chance do the rest of us have?

Update: The douche that is Fred Phelps is hellbent on getting his damn statue up. You can see it at the link below:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/shepard_monument.html

Personally, I pictured the Earth opening up and swallowing the statue and Phelps up whole and sending them both to the ninth circle.

You know, in a really sick and twisted way, Fred Phelps makes me glad I live in a country where he can do the shit he does. Where’s the barfing smiley?

Now, I don’t intend for this to promote violence (which would be particularly inappropriate in a thread about Matt Shepard), but how is it that this mistake-on-legs hasn’t been KO’ed by someone just walking down the street? If I recognized him, God knows I’d be tempted to. I’m sure he has security and such, but if Bill Gates can get pie’d, how has this guy gone unscathed?

Let’s see…what kinds of people are usually depicted in public statuary? War heroes, heads of state, political activists, philanthropists…in other words, people who have done some kind of public good. Thus, if Phelps succeeds in getting this statue erected (har har), passers-by who are used to statues of heroic figures will probably take this piece to be a celebration of Matthew Shepard’s life, and a memorial to his passing.

Thank you, Mr. Phelps, for offering this noble tribute to a man taken from us before his time. This memorial of his sacrifice will serve as a poignant reminder of the dangerous consequences of hatred and fear toward those who are “different.”

Ain’t that a kick in the pants?

I’m guessing because he’s usually surrounded by his family-he and his sons are big motherfuckers.

Perhaps this is too much GD territory, but killing someone merely because they are (to whatever evil degree) vociferous in their disagreement with whatever is not exactly keeping the moral separation intact. I wouldn’t kill the man if I had a chance. I’d love to freak him out, but I wouldn’t kill him.

I would, however, walk up to him and give him a big hug. And then whisper in his ear “We know the truth” and smile ever so slightly.

And then watch him go apeshit.

And then spend the next five years cleaning myself as a result of directly touching the being.

You wouldn’t be able to get that close to him. These days, when anyone even starts to walk in their direction, they start hollering and closing ranks. Besides, Fred rarely appears at the pickets himself, it’s always family and the few non family church members. There are rumors Fred is physically ill, as his appearance has deteriorated so drastically in the last three years. While never an attractive man he used to look at least fit, healthy, and strong. The last time I saw him his hair was dead white, he had lost a lot of weight, and he seemed much older than his actual years(He was born in 1929.) Some say he has cancer, but that’s third hand rumor.

Or perhaps that “judgment of God” AIDS ooohhh, the horror, the shame of having the same disease as millions of fine human beings (unlike Mr. Phelps). I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, but you must admit it would be such sweet irony.

“Wouldn’t it be great if you could only get AIDS by giving money to television preachers?”

• Elayne Boosler

Wow.

I…feel angry.

Very angry.

Why are people such sick fucks? Fine. Don’t like gays. Tell them they’re going to hell. Prevent them from having civil rigths. Fine - not optimal, but fine. Whatever.

Build a statue on the scene of a murder, a hate crime, as a monument to the fact that your head is so far up your ass you wouldn’t be able to recognize evil when you see it?

That literally makes me feel sick.

Of course, on edit, reading the disgusting letter here (.pdf), I do feel slightly better.

The first 3 digits of their ZIP code are “666”. Gotta be something there.

NinjaChick, what is there is that Fred says it’s another sign of how evil Topeka is. Also that the city nickname is “The Golden City”(I think it’s a reference to something in Revelations). And the name of the Washburn University of Topeka’s sports teams in basketball and football are,(get this), the Ichabods. That is a name from the Old Testament that means “the glory of God is departed.” Lest anyone think I am making this up I could provide a tape of “The Old School Baptist Hour”, which Fred used to pay to have on a local radio station, that repeats all I wrote above.

BTW, the name Ichabod is from Ichabod Washburn. When originally founded the school was named Lincoln College. Just a few years later, struggling for survival, a Congregationalist from back east donated $25000 to the school. They were so grateful that the school was renamed. Washburn never saw the place, interestingly enough, he died less than a year after donating the loot.

For those wondering what kind of a woman could marry Phelps, here’s a link to his biography Addicted to Hate. I would say a very browbeaten one. This website encourages donations not only to gay-related charities, but battered women and children’s charities.

This link is to the letters to the editor in today’s Topeka Capital-Journal. The second letter “Message won’t change” is by Margie Phelps, second daughter and fourth child of Fred. She’s usually the spokesperson when such a letter is required. The Pete Goering she refers to is a Capital-Journal columnist.

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/100703/opi_letters.shtml

What surprises me about Margie’s letter is that usually her rants are coherent.(She is well educated) Hate filled, disgusting, and ugly, but coherent. The style of this one is different. It jumps around a lot instead of sticking to a single issue, it’s more into personal invective within the limits set by the paper, and generally reads like it was dashed off in a great hurry. Not her style as I recognize it.

I’m guessing the pain of living in that family is starting to show?

From what I gather, Fred Jr. almost made it out of there-but his fiance committed suicide. And then Fred Sr. was DANCING and cheering and singing, “Ding Dong the whore is dead!”

And he just broke then.

It takes a lot of energy to be that angry at fags/america/etc. all the time. Being that angry also tends to affect coherence, which is possible one reason Marge’s letter looks so flighty.

[B}iampunha**, that’s what I meant, she has always been that angry, but her letters weren’t like the one I linked to.