What is, or would be, your personalized plate?

I used to have EJSGIRL, but now that I use it as my screen name everywhere I don’t use the plate anymore.

We have one around here that uses the CA “hand” on it that is very clever- 2BLK2 (hand) L.

I think NSFW would be fun, or WYSIWYG.

How about the VW Bug with the plate “FEATURE”?

I’ve been considering GRR ARG7 - for the seven seasons of Buffy, but, see a friend has them in another state and sure it’ll be most of the way across the country once I move, but still…

I have to think about it though.

I want to have a license plate that reads:

      ROCKLKR 
          or
      RCKLIKR

rock licker… as I am a geologist and that is what people call us :smiley:
Of course the DMV will probably say it’s obscene and won’t let me have it… A preemptive rebuttal: Oh yeah DMV? maybe I think all the Jesus/God license plates are obscene.

[QUOTE=LSLGuy]
About a year ago I read a story in the mainstream press about a guy someplace who had the plate “GOT MILF” for awhile until some bluenose bitched to the DMV. They took it away & charged him with some pretty serious offense for lying on his app. Apparently in that state you had to explain on the app what the plate meant and he’d invented some bogus organization whose initials were MILF. Fun while it lasted though.
[/QUOTE]

I was worried about this. However the Smoking Gun shows the text of the letter and it says that he could be charged with a gross misdemeanor of “Making a false or misleading statement to a public servant”. I doubt that this can be that serious of an offence or a thousand drivers a day would be guilty of this after being pulled over.

My concern is because I’ve seen one with the nastiest filthiest term I know. Gives me a giggle every time I think of it. You should always be able to sneak it past the censors. They just suck at their job.

[QUOTE=Darryl Lict]
It really pisses me off when people put up indecipherable license plates. I am sure that I am in the top 99 percentile when deciphering personalized plates, but many make NO SENSE! If people can’t figure out what it means, why bother?
[/QUOTE]
I don’t have a personalized plate, but if I did, I would do something similar to what LSLGuy’s mother’s coworker did. It just seems more fun to me if it’s something only a few people would get, and leave everyone else scratching their heads.

My plate is the same as my username: NECROS.

[QUOTE=Misnomer]
With a little help from rowrrbazzle, I happily drive around with “867-V309” on my tags.

If you can figure it out, you’ll know my first name (and vice-versa). :slight_smile: One cool thing about them is that they’re “stealth” personalized plates: standard plate numbers here follow a LLL-NNNN pattern, and most people don’t notice that mine starts with numbers instead of letters.
[/QUOTE]

Ha, very cool.

I’d probably get something on the lines of “Dancer”, however it would need to be broken down. Nothing fancy.

I live in such a backwards state.

Utah has ordered a man to change his license plate that says MERLOT!

The only other time they’ve ordered someone to change their plate was one that said CHIANTI.

Me, I’m on the same page as N9IWP - mine is my amateur radio callsign. In Utah it’s a one-time $12 fee for the ham radio plates, no additional yearly fee.

[QUOTE=as_u_wish]
Currently I have I Y Q 2. Disgustingly cute, but the kids got it for me as a present. It’s how I signed their birthday cards when they were little. “Love, Mom. I Y Q 2”
[/QUOTE]
I don’t get it.

[QUOTE=gigi]
I don’t get it.
[/QUOTE]

I wike (like) you too?

DeHusband’s is “DAIZED” and mine is “CNFUZD”. Which is rather appropriate for us. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Misnomer]
With a little help from rowrrbazzle, I happily drive around with “867-V309” on my tags.

[/QUOTE]

That one really calls to me for some reason.

My front tag is a European style one, not my ‘legal’ tag, but my state does not require tags in the front so I have this one instead.

It reads:
73VO 3VOM

specifically for people to read in their rear-view mirror when I am behind them on the highway.

[QUOTE=Darryl Lict]

I do have a personalized license plate on my 58 VW single cab pickup. It says:
IV BUS
for Isla Vista Bus. Damn, I should get that thing running again.

It really pisses me off when people put up indecipherable license plates. I am sure that I am in the top 99 percentile when deciphering personalized plates, but many make NO SENSE! If people can’t figure out what it means, why bother?
[/QUOTE]

<Head asplodes>

Not too exciting, but mine says

N SEDONA

with an implicit “I’d rather be” on the license plate frame.

J.

SPIFF

Hey, I like my nickname!

When I first started in the motorcycle business I spotted a plate that nearly had me cough a lung out laughing at. Im sure it says something about me that I got it imediately.

KLTLKR

Dont ask me how it got past censors, I just know it was on the back of the motorcycle.
Fry

[QUOTE=Misnomer]
With a little help from rowrrbazzle, I happily drive around with “867-V309” on my tags.

If you can figure it out, you’ll know my first name (and vice-versa). :slight_smile: One cool thing about them is that they’re “stealth” personalized plates: standard plate numbers here follow a LLL-NNNN pattern, and most people don’t notice that mine starts with numbers instead of letters.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, I like that. :slight_smile:

You may have trouble when driving to Canada’s northern territories, though… home of area code 867.

Plates in Ontario allow eight characters, so SUNSPACE would fit nicely.

Mine explains just what it is that i drive…

KATSRS4

I drive a Scion xB Release Series 4.0…

Now going to run and hide in the closet…the rocks can’t get me there…

Kat

Here’s mine.

(Please excuse my filthy car. For those disinclined to follow the link, it’s G33KGRL.)

I’m always surprised at how many people don’t get it.

[QUOTE=Kairos]
Here’s mine.

(Please excuse my filthy car. For those disinclined to follow the link, it’s G33KGRL.)

I’m always surprised at how many people don’t get it.
[/QUOTE]
:: swoons ::