[QUOTE=Kat Lady]
Mine explains just what it is that i drive…
KATSRS4
I drive a Scion xB Release Series 4.0…
Now going to run and hide in the closet..the rocks can’t get me there…
Kat
[/QUOTE]
While I ordinarily find it redundant when people have their car model on their plate (um, duh, I can see it’s an MBZ 450, dork), that’s not so bad. In CA, when we went to a 7 character plate, we had to hold a frigging lottery to see who got “PORSCHE” on their plate…
[QUOTE=EJsGirl]
While I ordinarily find it redundant when people have their car model on their plate (um, duh, I can see it’s an MBZ 450, dork), that’s not so bad. In CA, when we went to a 7 character plate, we had to hold a frigging lottery to see who got “PORSCHE” on their plate…
[/QUOTE]
Please tell me it was won by a guy with a Chevy.
I got mine today!!
PITOCYN
I had to explain it to the DMV guy:
I’m a OB/GYN RN.
My name is Cyn.
Pitocin is the drug most popular on my floor.
It is one of my screen names already.
The docs and other nurses think it’s funnier than hell.
I am a big geek.
Well, since the damn thing has never made it out of Santa Barbara, there is not a single person who has seen it who doesn’t immediately know what it means. You might call it geographically sensitive. YMMV. Isla Vista is the college town next to UCSB and is colloquially known as IV. Ask Hajario if he could figure it out.
[QUOTE=Sgt Schwartz]
My vehicle registration is due again and once again I am thinking of getting a personalized liscence plate. I am thinking of either J8R 69, or M8J 69. What do you have or would you get if there were no restrictions on what is allowed?
Also, do you think my choices would make it past the censors?
Sgt Schwartz
[/QUOTE]
I don’t think they’d pass the consors 'round my parts, but they also put the kibosh on URAQT a few years ago (not mine; there were some LTTEs about it). Bit of a prude, is the local DMV.
Mine would be SMRFBG (Smurf Bug - I drive a bright blue Beetle, and Smurf is an old nickname). I wanted SMRFMBL (Smurf Mobile, which is how I actually refer to her), but learned that MO only has 6 spaces on their plates. Almost make me want to move back to KS.
I’ve considered SAMPIR0 and BIBLIO T, though if I get one it’ll probably be 0LL1E just because it’s my dog’s name (with numbers) and easy to remember.
I knew a programmer who got 733T (leet) but received a notice that he had to turn it in and choose another because, for some reason, leet had been added to the newest list of disallowed words and phrases. (They provided him with another tag at no expense- U 01001 or something to that effect for his Unix use.)
I’ve said this before in these threads… however does the DMV/Ministry of Transport/whatever your licensing agency is called expect to screen out all the Forbidden Words? What’s to keep me from putting a swear word in Tibetan or Hindi or Esperanto on my car?
In California, they check. Your tax dollars at work. Some person in Sacramento runs all questionable plates through a number of dictionaries, in every language you can think of.
I’m toying around with getting another personalized plate…one that conveys my hockey obsession. But I don’t think the censors will let me get away with what I want. Here are the contenders:
PUCK ME, PUCK IT, PUCK OFF, and of course PUCK YOU.
If I get the Carolina Hurricanes plate it only allows 4 characters. That one would be:
[QUOTE=TommyTutone]
That one really calls to me for some reason.
[/QUOTE]
Ha!
[QUOTE=Rigamarole]
[QUOTE=silenus]
My old plate said it all: ZYMUR G.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, don’t get it. Elucidate me?
[/QUOTE] Zymurgy is “the branch of chemistry concerned with fermentation (as in making wine or brewing or distilling).”
[QUOTE=Darryl Lict]
Well, since the damn thing has never made it out of Santa Barbara, there is not a single person who has seen it who doesn’t immediately know what it means. You might call it geographically sensitive. YMMV. Isla Vista is the college town next to UCSB and is colloquially known as IV. Ask Hajario if he could figure it out.
[/QUOTE]
I’m a little late to this but Darryl is absolutely correct. Anyone who has lived here for more than a day or so would clearly know what that plate means.
The reason is ridiculous, though, read on if you do want to know…
When I was 14 or 15, somehow I started saying “WAYYYY!” as kind of a frustrated sound. Like Argh or Augh. It was said in a certain aggravated voice.
In my town for some reason, I could not find a house number of 147. For some reason, on every street, it would be like this:
145 empty lot 149
So my friends and I would draw pictures of spaceships sucking up the 147 houses, and we’d always try to look for 147s.
While looking for 147s, on license plates and houses we noticed that there were a lot of 47s. BKY 847, house number 47, I’d look at the clock at 9:47, and as I got a wee bit frustrated at not being able to find 147s but I could find all the 47s in the universe, I’d say, “47? WAYYYYYYY!”
Then when I was in highschool my friends and I invented this imaginary guy named Walter Hutzwell whose license plate said 47 WAY. I was in a punk band at the time and we wrote a song about him. We called it 47 Way.
"My friend Walter Hutzwell drives a neon orange Lumina,
95 or 96,
All I know is it’s brand spankin’ new
and I can’t really tell which!