What is the most addictive CD you own?

Run, Lola Run ain’t bad. I bought it originally for the “Wish (Komm zu mir)” tune, and was quite pleased by the rest.

However, my most addictive CD? Hmmm… I can probably listen to Liz Phair’s “Exile on Guyville” or the Pixies “Trompe Le Monde” without ever getting tired of it. Oh, and the Smashing Pumpkins “Siamese Dream” or “Gish” gets quite a thrashing on my CD player.

‘Happiness Is Not A Fish You Can Catch’ by Our Lady Peace - it’s not my favourite band, not my favourite CD, but I’ll be damned if I don’t play the hell out of it. I also am quite addicted to Under the Pink by Tori Amos right now, but I always have a Tori CD I’m addicted to.

I still can’t get Poe’s Haunted out of my head, or my CD player. Even after having it for a year, I still listen to it a couple of times a week. It’s, um, haunting.

Without a doubt…

Beck - Odelay.

I have a few:

1. Jack Johnson- “brushfire fairytales”
  2. Gov’t Mule- “life before insanity”
  3. John Scofiled- “a go go”

Currently addicted to:

Jeff Buckley’s Grace

Previous addictions:

Parachutes - Coldplay
Dog Man Star - Suede
The Bends - Radiohead
Absolute Torch & Twang - kd lang
Queen Is Dead - The Smiths
Rattle & Hum - U2
Doolittle - The Pixies

Damn, I need new music…

at the moment, i can’t get enough of weezer’s blue album. oh my god! pop hook after pop hook after pop hook!

Even though I’ve had it almost a year, Bob Schneider’s Lonelyland does it for me.

I’ll second Narrad’s vote.

The Avalanches is one great album, and just keeps getting better and better. Everyone I lend this to just loves it. The video for Frontier Psychiatry is nuts, too. Read the review; this is one of the best albumns I’ve bought in a long time. Go buy now.
For running, I’ve been listening to the Prodigy’s Fat of the Land every day for weeks. I just don’t seem to get tired of it in this context.

True, true. The Source is also an excellent album of his–very hypnotic.

I have been addicted lately to:
Hawkwind: “Hawkwind”
Chargers Street Gang: “Hop the Bop Apocalypse”
Sun Ra: “Lanquidity”

These three CDs have been seeing the majority of the action on my changer. However, I tend to spin LPs more anyway–the clear winner in that category, lately, has been the Sundazed reissue of “The Remains LP” by The Remains.

(aside: If anyone here likes vinyl, Sundazed does the best reissues I’ve seen, and both the packaging and sound quality are top-notch.)

Amidar

One of my current favorites is Duke Elegant by Dr. John. this album is great. Excellent renditions of classic Duke Ellington. Doc does Duke.

Both of Rufus Wainwright’s disks get played daily, if not several times a day. I’m sure the guy on the other side of the cube wall is ready to kill me and Rufus.

This really dates me, but keep in mind that I was only 9 yo when this came out: The Doors first album. Actually I thought I was getting tired of it, but I recently started listening to it again, and it’s like I can’t get enough of it. But I can stop any time I want to.

More recent, but still old CD’s: Monster by REM, Rift and A Picture Of Netctar by Phish, and most of Morphine.

Finally I’ve been getting more into jazz. I’m still a newbie, though, so I’d say I’m still in the Blue Note Compilation and Ken Burns Jazz Series stage of my development. I will say the latter seems considerably stronger and more challenging as a collection.

The Verve Pipe’s “Verve Pipe”

It burned like a cancer
when the answer
did occur to me
creep from the cradle
but a hero’s what I wanna be
for your abuse
but not intended for internal use
I’m just a jerk
but a hero’s what I wanna be

Dandy’s Rule OK? by the Dandy Warhols

Kid A by Radiohead, im sure my neighbors have had enough of that CD. As of late I’ve been listening to a lot of Kurt Elling- Live in Chicago, it’s a fantastic album.

Every VNV Nation CD I own…ehehehe…

Jonatha Brooke’s Steady Pull…“there’s danger in complacency and comfort in the fight…”

Also…heck…can’t remember the name…it’s a Laura Nyro tribute w/red & yellow cover art.

Blastronaut, the Lee Harvey Oswald Band

The one that injects a gram of pure heroin into my veins every time I listen to it. In fact, I’m listening to it right now. I’d tell you the name of the CD, but my vision’s sorta blurrrrrrrrrrrhllbngj;poausghbipougaspougbbbpskdif v